Pamper your hair and scalp with the best Japanese hair oil for smooth, luscious, silky hair.
With so many hair types and hair concerns, it becomes extremely important that we maintain a good hair care routine. While it is extremely important to choose a good quality shampoo and conditioner depending on our hair type, it is equally important to choose the right hair oil.
Oiling your hair regularly is one of the best ways to ensure your hair gets all that it needs to look beautiful.
Best Japanese Hair Oil — Quick Summary
|Best Japanese Hair Oil||Best For|
|Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Oil||Best Japanese Hair Oil For Sensitive Scalp|
|DHC After Bath Hair Oil||Best Japanese Hair Oil For Dry Hair|
|Deesse’s Elujuda MO Fluent Oil For Coarse Unmanageable Hair||Best Japanese Hair Oil For Frizzy Hair|
|Tsubaki Shiseido Oil Perfection Hair Oil||Top Japanese Hair Oil For Hairfall|
|NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Shine Oil Mist||Best Japanese Hair Oil For Dull Hair|
|Japanese ORGANIC CAMELLIA Seed Oil||Best Japanese Hair Oil For Sensitive Scalp|
|Aya Japanese Camellia Hair and Body Oil||Best Japanese Hair Oil For Dry Hair|
Also, don’t skip oiling your hair just because you have healthy hair. Even if your hair is not damaged, it’s extremely important to oil hair regularly so it stays healthy!
Which is the best Japanese hair oil?
My team and I tested 20+ Japanese hair oil on the basis of it’s ingredients, hair type, efficacy and results. We found Oshima Tsubaki Hair Oil to be the best Japanese hair oil.
Oshima Tsubaki Hair Oil is formulated with camellia oil, and omega-6 linoleic fatty acid that help in preventing cuticle damage, and give hair strong and supple. It also protects the hair from its surface and makes it strong. Oshima Tsubaki Hair Oil gives hair a glossy and radiant look. There are no toxic ingredients involved in formulating this product. It’s available on Amazon for sale.
Japanese hair care brands are respected around the world. Getting yourself the best Japanese hair oil can really change the game and give you those luscious locks you have always wanted.
Top Picks For Best Japanese Hair Oil
- Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Oil – Recommended for sensitive scalp
- DHC After Bath Hair Oil – Recommended for dry hair, brittle hair
- Deesse’s Elujuda MO Fluent Oil For Coarse Unmanageable Hair – Recommended for controlling frizz
Why use Japanese hair oil?
Japanese hair oils are mostly formulated with all natural ingredients. They’re formualted to be lightweight hair oils so you can apply it on a daily basis as well. The best Japanese hair oils intensely moisturize your hair and scalp, prevent split ends, and bring back the lost luster to your hair. Some Japanese hair oils even promote hair growth. You will also find Japanese hair oils for hair fall too!
In this article, we have brought to you some of the best Japanese hair oils that will love and nourish your hair. Read on to find out more.
Top Japanese Hair Oil
Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Oil
Best Japanese Hair Oil For Sensitive Scalp
Camellia oil has wonderful benefits on the body, hair, and skin. It is a rich source of Omega-6 Linoleic fatty acids as well as anti-aging antioxidants. It is one of the most wonderful things you can use on your hair to revive it and give it the love it deserves. Oshima Tsubaki Camellia hair oil is the best Japanese hair oil for hairfall.
It gives your hair a smooth texture and makes it soft and more manageable. It also helps to restore your hair’s natural shine. If you are worried about dry and dehydrated hair, this oil will help provide and lock in moisture.
Apart from these benefits, camellia oil also helps keep dandruff at bay. It treats dry scalp and itchiness. In addition to this, it also creates a protective barrier against environmental pollutants.
The oil is a multi-purpose product that also doubles up as a hairstyling oil; it works really well at holding your hairstyle. The oil is free of colors and fragrances, so if you are allergic to them or do not like any fragrance, this is perfect for you.
The oil contains premium quality natural camellia oil. It is super gentle on your scalp and moisturizes your hair while also working its magic. You only need a few drops of the oil for your hair, so one bottle will last you a long time.
How to use:
To use this oil, simply take a few drops and massage onto your damp clean hair. It will nourish hair that is dry, brittle, and dull and has split ends.
- Rich in Omega-6 Linoleic fatty acids
- Rich in anti-aging antioxidants
- Helps restore hair’s natural shine
- Locks in moisture
- Prevents dandruff
- Treats dry scalp
Check out the best Japanese hair oil for harfall below!
DHC After Bath Hair Oil
Best Japanese Hair Oil For Dry Hair
DHC is a popular Japanese brand that has made its presence known all around the world. It is known for its amazing range of beauty and hair products, and this After Bath hair oil is one of the brand’s brilliant products.
The oil aims to make your hair healthier and smoother, without the usual feeling of heavy hair after oiling. Usually, when we apply hair oil, our hair feels weighed down. However, the after bath hair oil from DHC is very lightweight.
It works as a leave-in conditioner that moisturizes, nourishes, and hydrates your hair. The virgin olive oil in this product makes your hair really smooth and soft and is the perfect option if you have dry and damaged hair.
Apart from the virgin olive oil, the product also contains argan oil. It helps to fight frizzy hair and make flyaways more manageable. The product also contains other magical hair-loving ingredients such as squalene and shea butter that add a nice shine to your hair.
The oil has a very mild fragrance with hints of rose geranium, ylang-ylang, and mimosa. The fragrance is not overwhelming; it leaves your hair smelling fresh and good.
How to use:
To apply, take about one or two pumps of the hair oil and rub it in your palms before applying to your hair. You will definitely see a visible difference with regular use.
- Light formula
- Doesn’t weight down your hair
- Doesn’t make you hair look oily
- Aims to make your hair healthier and smoother
- works as a leave-in conditioner
- Contains virgin olive oil to smoothen hair
- Contains argan oil to prevent frizzy hair
- Contains squalene and shea butter for shine
- Has a mild fragrance
Deesse’s Elujuda MO Fluent Oil For Coarse Unmanageable Hair
Best Japanese Hair Oil For Frizzy Hair
The name of this oil says it all. Do you have hair that is completely unmanageable? Do you spend hours trying to get your tresses to behave? If you vigorously nodded your head, you may want to try this product.
The oil works well on your hair to give it a smooth and shiny texture. In fact, it also works as a heat protectant. So, after your hair is a little dry, apply this oil, and blow-dry your hair. You will notice that your hair appears shinier and smoother.
Some of the ingredients used in this hair oil include baobab seed oil and squalene. The oil is also quite cost-effective.
Although the hair works wonders on your hair, take note that the fragrance is strong. It may take a few uses for you to get used to the smell. So if you are allergic to strong fragrances or simply cannot stand it, take note.
How to use:
Rub a few drops of the oil between your palms and apply it to almost dry hair. Blow-dry after for smooth shiny hair.
- Contains baobab seed oil and squalene
- Gives hair smooth and shiny texture
- Also works as heat-protectant
- Has a strong fragrance
Shiseido Tsubaki Oil Perfection Hair Oil
Top Japanese Hair Oil For Dry Hair
Shiseido is yet another Japanese brand that has made a mark in the world for its high-quality products. The name Shiseido speaks for its quality and excellence. Each and every product that the brand brings to us is nothing but sheer perfection.
The hair oil is no less. Firstly, the packaging is super cute and in a pump bottle. The oil works on your hair to make it smoother, softer, and shinier. You will notice visible differences in your hair with regular use. It also adds moisture to your hair, and so is perfect for people with dry and damaged hair. It has a fragrance that may be strong for some.
- Makes hair smoother
- Adds moisture to your hair
- Recommended for dry and damaged hair
- Has a strong fragrance
NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Shine Oil Mist
Best Japanese Hair Oil For Dull Hair
NatureLab is one of the leading Japanese brands; it brings to you some of the best quality products to change the way you look at beauty products. This Perfect Shine Oil Mist by the brand is a hair oil spray treatment.
The hair oil treatment contains hydrating hyaluronic acid and iridescent pearl. These ingredients make sure your hair gets the moisture and nourishment it requires, while also making sure that it becomes shiny.
The hair oil treatment elevates the shine in your hair using Platinum Fiber and Plant Stem Cell technology infused into potent botanical bases. This Japanese hair oil does not just give your hair shine and luster, but it also works as a color protectant.
The hair oil is refreshingly light and has a very mild fragrance you will love. The soft scent has hints of almond and violet, although it is not overpowering. The hair oil is free of harsh ingredients such as sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, and mineral oil.
How to use:
Spray the Perfect shine oil mist directly on to your hair after styling your hair from root to tips for a glossy finish.
- Moisturizes scalp
- Restores shine
- Clears product build up
- Rebalances scalp’s pH
- Enhances hair color
- Contains grape stem cells to reduce damage to scalp papilla cells
- Contains hyaluronic acid to add moisture to hair and scalp
- Contains Pearl Extract for antioxidation
- Contains platinum fiber for a glossy finish
- Mineral oil- free
Japanese ORGANIC CAMELLIA Seed Oil
Best Japanese hair oil for sensitive skin
This best Japanese hair oil is rich in antioxidants and is formulated to rejuvenate dull hair. You can also apply it on your skin or nails. This Japanese hair oil is 100% pure and natural camellia seed oil. It’s hypoallergenic so those with sensitive skin can also give it a try.
The oil is light and has a non-sticky texture. If you apply it to your hair, you hair won’t look too greasy. In fact, you can use a little bit of the oil to control frizzy hair. This best Japanese oil is recommended for those with dry, damaged hair and scalp.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Good for dry, sensitive skin
- 100% pure camellia oil
- Tames frizzy hair
- Can be used on skin and nails as well
Aya Japanese Camellia Hair and Body Oil
Best Japanese Hair Oil For Dry Hair
Here’s another 100% camellia hair oil. This one is manually cold-pressed from the Yabu Tsubaki seeds from south Kyushi island in Japan. What I really like about this best Japanese hair oil is that it’s unprocessed, additive-free, preservative-free.
It’s also free of any colorings or fragrances. If you have dry hair, this is your solution. Rich in antioxidants, the hair absorbs quickly into your scalp and brings back the luster to your hair.
The oil also shields your hair against environmental pollutants so it’s a good idea to apply some before you leave the house. Don’t worry, your hair won’t look too greasy after application.
- 100% pure camellia seed oil
- Shields hair against environmental pollutants
Nishijin Soap Hair Oil
Best Japanese Hair Oil For Strong Hair
Nishijin Soap Hair oil is one of the best hair oils in Japan that helps in bringing back radiance and repairing damaged hair. This Japanese hair oil contains gentle ingredients like sesame oil, safflower oil, sunflower seed oil, jojoba seed oil, and shea oil that nourishes the hair and gives a glossy effect.
I love the gentle fragrance of fruity aroma that it has. The best part is that it has no toxic ingredients that would potentially harm the hair. It can also act like a heat protectant when you’re styling your hair. Nishijin Soap Hair Oil also has UV protection properties.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Grapefruit fragrance
- Brings natural glossy radiance
- UV protection
- Heat protection
How to choose the best Japanese hair oil for your hair?
Choosing the right hair oil for your hair can be quite tough. Especially choosing the best Japanese brand hair oils can be very exhaustive as there are countless options of Japanese hair oil in the market. And that is why we have made it convenient for you by breaking down some important factors to consider when purchasing Japanese hair oil.
Your hair type and the concerns related to it must be the first factor you should look into. Not all hair oil will suit your hair type. There are various Japanese brand hair oils for dull hair, frizzy hair, and hair fall problems. They also have certain ingredients that help resolve your hair problems.
If you are experiencing hair fall problems then you should choose a hair oil that reduces and prevents hair loss. Most Japanese hair oil uses camellia seed which is a tea seed oil and it has worked wonders in preventing hair loss.
For dull hair, you should choose a hair oil that moisturizes your hair and gives you a perfectly shiny finish. You can find Japanese hair oil that contains hyaluronic acid that is proven to lock moisture within your hair and to give you a lasting shiny finish.
The next important factor is the brand of the product. There are several Japanese hair oil brands and it is advisable to choose a brand that is credible and has received positive feedback from customers. We have tested and reviewed some of the best Japanese hair oil brands that produce premier results and mentioned them in this article.
Hair Care Tips:
- Use hair oil regularly and massage on the scalp to increase blood circulation. This helps in hair growth and makes the hair stronger.
- Use shampoo and conditioner at least twice a week to remove hair impurities.
- Use hair products that don’t contain toxic ingredients which can potentially cause damage to your hair.
- Get regular haircuts to eliminate damaged hair from the bottom
- Eat healthy food and exercise regularly
- Always wash your hair with cold water as hot water damages hair and causes hair fall.
Best Japanese Hair Oil: FAQs
Which is the best Japanese hair oil?
– Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Oil – best Japanese hair oil for Sensitive Scalp.
– DHC After Bath Hair Oil – best Japanese hair oil for dry hair
– NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Shine Oil Mist – best Japanese hair oil for dull hair
Which is the best Japanese Hair Oil for Hairloss?
The best Japanese hair oil for hair loss is the Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Oil. Camellia is known to nourish the hair and scalp. This Japanese hair oil promotes hair growth by proving nourishing care your hair needs.
Is overnight oiling good for your hair?
It is best to leave the oil in your hair for 5-6 hours. Leaving oil in your hair overnight has not been proven to produce hair growth results. It can lead to dust and dirt getting collected in your scalp which may lead to scalp problems.
Which Japanese hair oil is best for hair growth and thickness?
The best Japanese hair oil for growth and thickness is Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Oil. It contains 100% camellia oil that promotes hair growth, moisturizes your hair, and gives your hair a natural shine.
Can I use hair oil every day?
It is advisable to oil your hair twice a week. Oiling your hair every day can lead to dirt and dandruff being build up in the scalp and might ultimately cause hair fall.
Are Japanese hair oils good?
Japanese hair oils have benefitting ingredients like shea butter, jojoba oil, camellia etc. that help in boosting hair health and increase hair shine. They don’t contain chemicals that harm the hair and impairs it’s growth.
Which oil is best for hair growth and thickness in Japan?
NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Shine Oil Mist and Nishijin Soap Hair Oil are considered best for hair growth and thickness as they contain ingredients that boost hair growth, reduce hair fall as well as make the hair strong.
Hair care tips
- Choose a shampoo that is chemical free: Opt for gentle or mild shampoos. Avoid shampoos that contain sulfates and parabens. Sulfates are added for lathering and parabens for preserving. Both these ingredients cause skin irritation which can result in hair loss or hair thinning
- Conditioning your hair: Your hair conditioner is not meant to be applied on the scalp and is only formulated for the tips of your hair. Hair conditioners make your hair smoother and manageable but applying it on the scalp can dry it out. After application, it’s extremely important to rinse off the conditioner thoroughly
- Air dry your hair: It’s best to let your hair dry, after shower, naturally or with the use of a towel. Using hair dryer frequently can dry out your hair and scalp. So it’s best to keep the hair dryer and straighteners for special occasions. And even when you do use heat on your hair to style, make sure to apply heat protectant serum first.
- Oil your hair regularly: Oil your hair or use a hair mask before shampooing your hair. It helps nourish, repair, and maintain the moisture content in your hair and scalp.
- Trim your hair regularly: Trimming your hair regularly will help you get rid of split ends. Trimming you hair at least once in 2-3 months is a good practice. However, know that trimming your hair doesn’t help with hair growth. It helps with maintaining healthy hair
- Drink plenty of water and eat healthy: Just using hair care products isn’t enough to maintain healthy hair. Internal hydration is just as important. Drink at least 2-3 litres of water every day to maintain optimum levels of hydration. Maintaining a healthy diet is just as important as well, for both healthy hair and skin. Include eggs, sweet potatoes, leafy veggies, nuts and berries in your diet.
Let your lovely locks shine bright!
These were some of the best Japanese hair oils that you can get today to ensure your hair gets all the love it deserves. Do not only be dependent on your shampoos and conditioners to do the job, make sure you get one of these oils (as per your preference) and give your hair an extra dose of love.
These hair oils will make sure your hair remains moisturized and nourished. Using these hair oils will also help you get rid of dry, damaged, and dull hair.
They will add a new life to your lovely tresses and make them shinier, smoother, and softer.
With these best Japanese hair oils, get ready to whip those pretty locks and sway with confidence. Your hair really will look its best, thanks to these wonderful hair oils.
So, ready to make your purchase and add more love to your haircare routine?
- Check out these beauty supplements that will not make your hair stronger but also nourish your skin!
- You cannot miss out on these amazing J-beauty products. Check it out now!
- Here are the best collagen products from Japanese brands that will not only strengthen your hair but also nourish your skin!
Erika is the main author of the website. She is obsessed with Japanese products and always looks for an opportunity to share her love for Japanese products with everybody around her! She combined her love for writing, research and testing products to create Best Japanese Products. When she’s not reviewing latest Japanese products, you’ll find her pampering her cats. Erika is the definition of ‘The Crazy Cat Lady’.