Here are hair dryers that will not only tame your hair but also help nourish it! Style your hair using the best Japanese hair dryer with little to no damage.
I am somebody who loves washing her hair right before bedtime, but obviously, I just cannot sleep with wet hair. It is because of this reason that a hairdryer is my constant companion. But you must have heard that all that heat can damage your hair and leave you with rough ends.
However, thanks to the Japanese beauty industry’s innovative technology, hairdryers have changed and become more loving towards our hair.
Japanese hair dryers are one of the most revolutionary ones out there. The Japanese ones are my absolute favorite as they help dry my hair quicker and without stripping hair’s natural moisture. These also leave the hair feeling soft and manageable.
- Related: Best Japanese Hair Styling Products
- Related: Best Japanese Hair Straightening Products
- Related: Best Japanese Hair Brushes
So today, I have brought to you the best Japanese hair dryers that you can try out for yourself and watch the wonderful changes they bring to your hair.
Types Of Japanese Hair Dryers
Tourmaline Hair Dryer
Powdered tourmaline is used in the making of Tourmaline hair dryer. Tourmaline is a semiprecious gemstone.
This types of Japanese hair dryer give out infrared heat and negative ions. This doesn’t make the heat from hair dryer that harsh on the hair. This way your hair the can tolerate high levels of heat without damage.
Ceramic Hair Dryer
The heat from the ceramic hair dryer is also gentle on the hair and it works to dry the hair from the inside out. It heats up evenly and quickly which means that the likelihood of damage from heat is also less.
Ionic Hair Dryer
Ionic hair dryer gives off negative ions that attract the positive ions present in the hair. If your prone frizzy hair then Japanese ionic hair dryers are the best option for you.
How to Choose a Japanese Hair Dryer:
Hair dryers are one of the best hair tools to dry, as well as style your hair. Here are a few things to consider when buying a hair dryer:
- Wattage: Wattage is an important factor when buying electrical appliances like dryers. If the motor isn’t of high wattage there’s less wind and more heat which isn’t great for your hair. High wattage dryers are durable as well. Go for something between 1800 to 2000 wattage hair dryer.
- Weight: Consider a lightweight and a portable dryer over something heavy. If you’re going to use it daily, you don’t want to hurt your arms nor do you want to carry a lot of weight with you when you’re on a vacation.
- Additional features: Look for dryers with attachments, cold buttons as well as adjustable heat for easy functioning.
- Cost: If you’re going to use it on a daily basis or at least alternate days then investing in a pricier dryer with more features makes a lot of sense. Otherwise, you don’t have to break your bank, just get the basic one.
- Type of dryers: There are dryers that are made with ceramic, titanium, ionic dryers etc. Titanium dryers are lightweight and good for heavy hair. Infrared dryers dry hair quickly. Ionic dryers are good for frizzy hair. Choose what suits you the best.
Best Japanese Hair Dryer: Quick Summary
|Best Japanese Hair Dryer||Best For|
|Panasonic EH-NA65-K Nanoe Dryer||Professionals|
|TESCOM Dual Voltage Ionic Hair Dryer||All Hair Types|
|Panasonic Nano Care Hair Dryer||Thick Hair|
|TESCOM Collagen Nano-Sized Hair Dryer||Colored Hair|
|Panasonic Negative Ion Zigzag Ionity Hair Dryer||Travellers|
|Panasonic Low Noise Ionity Hair Dryer||Travelers|
Which Is The Best Japanese Hairdryer?
I tested several Japanese hair dryers based on ease of use, features, and value for money. I found that Panasonic Kuru Kuru Curling Hair Dryer is the best Japanese hairdryer.
Panasonic Kuru Kuru Curling Hair Dryer comes with two types of attachments that let you blow-dry and style your hair the way you want to. The brush lets you comb through your hair to dry it. The round brush lets you add curls as per your choice. It really is a portable option as it does the multi-task of combing, drying, and styling. It’s available on Amazon for $69.00
I love the shine that the best Japanese hair dryers give my hair. You can also easily style your hair and change your look depending on your mood! I always end up with beautiful hair that is free of frizz.
Panasonic EH-NA65-K Nanoe Dryer
Best Japanese Hair Dryer For Professionals
This revolutionary hair dryer comes with nanotechnology that adds 1000 times more moisture to your hair when compared to other such ionic dryers. This feature makes it a highly demanded product with a large fan base.
The moisture added by this dryer helps fight off frizz and static. It also adds a nice bounce and excellent volume to the hair. Also, when compared to other hair dryers, this one reduces the damage caused to the hair by brushing.
The dryer is extremely lightweight, however, do not go by the weight. It comes with a powerful motor that makes no sound at all when you use it. The dryer also comes with three styling attachments as well as three heat settings. I love styling my hair using this hairdryer. I always get sleek and bouncy hair that gains me a lot of compliments.
- Adds 1000 times more moisture than other dryers
- Helps fight off static and frizz
- Adds a nice bounce and volume to the hair
- Reduces damage
- Does not make any noise
- Comes with three styling attachments and three heat settings
TESCOM Dual Voltage Ionic Hair Dryer
Best Japanese Hair Dryer For All Hair Types
I am in absolute awe of this hairdryer. Why? It is my ultimate choice when I want to get my hair dried quickly without causing any damage to it. This dryer is an excellent option for those who cannot do without hairdryers but are too afraid of all the damage such heat can do. This super amazing dryer by TESCOM helps lock in moisture in your hair and adds a nice and glossy shine.
It is super lightweight and foldable, which means you can easily carry it with you wherever you go. You can literally use so many styling techniques to dry and style your hair with this wonderful product. Thanks to this, I never use the hotel’s blow dryer as I carry this with me wherever I go.
- Does not damage hair
- Dries hair quickly
- Locks in moisture
- Adds a glossy shine to the hair
- Lightweight and foldable
- Can be carried around easily
Related: Keep your nails pretty and poppin’ with these stylish Japanese nail enamels!
Panasonic Nano Care Hair Dryer
Best Japanese Hair Dryer For Thick Hair
This is yet another of my favorite product from the world-renowned brand, Panasonic. This lightweight dryer is a choice of many because of the excellent benefits it poses for the hair. It is a foldable hairdryer, which allows you to carry it everywhere.
This portable dryer also comes with a dual voltage switch, making it easy to use in multiple countries. It comes with Nanoe technology, which is an excellent feature that helps lock in moisture in the hair. It keeps your hair feeling silky and smooth.
- Lightweight dryer
- Foldable and portable; can be carried around everywhere
- Comes with a dual voltage switch
- Can be used in multiple countries
- Comes with Nanoe technology
- Locks in moisture in the hair
- Leaves hair smooth and silky
TESCOM Collagen Nano-Sized Hair Dryer
Best Japanese Hair Dryer For Colored Hair
Firstly, can we admire the beautiful appearance of this dryer? It looks like it has landed here right from the future. But appearance is not all that this superb dryer has got. It takes pride in being the world’s first beauty collagen hairdryer.
This feature keeps the scalp healthy, which in turn leads to hair growth. It also does an excellent job of reducing all the damage that is done to the hair by the harmful UV rays. And that’s not all! It also makes your hair glossy and super-moisturized.
The dryer from the future comes with three special tools – a moist hood that prevents over-drying of your hair, a concentrator nozzle that helps in smoothening your hair, and finally, a diffuser that adds a nice curl definition.
- World’s first beauty collagen hairdryer
- Keeps scalp healthy and so, promotes hair growth
- Reduces the damage caused by UV rays
- Makes hair glossy and moisturized
- Comes with three tools – moist hood, concentrator nozzle, and diffuser
Create Ion Hair Dryer
Best Japanese Hair Dryer For Frizzy Hair
This is yet another dryer that you can trust. It comes with automatic swing technology, which is a real deal. Why? Because it helps minimize any damage that can be caused to the hair because of the heat. It helps maintain smooth and shiny hair.
With the wrist movement reproduced by the dryer, your hands remain at ease. With this dryer, you no longer have to worry about pain in your arms or wrists. It also quickly dries the hair.
The portable design of the dryer comes with a foldable handle, which ensures that it takes up less space when you pack it. It also features dual voltage, allowing you to use it anywhere in the world.
- Comes with automatic swing technology that helps minimize damage caused to the hair
- Maintains smooth and shiny hair
- Keeps your hands and wrists free from pain
- Quickly dries the hair
- Portable design; comes with foldable handle
- Features dual voltage, allowing you to use it anywhere in the world
Related: Curl your lashes to perfection with these amazing Japanese eyelash curlers!
Panasonic Negative Ion Zigzag Ionity Hair Dryer
Best Japanese Hair Dryer For Travelers
Negative ions are good for the hair. So, in Japan, hair dryers that have the negative ion feature are a huge deal and are loved by everyone. The Panasonic Negative Ion hairdryer can be used without problems outside Japan too.
The hairdryer makes use of turbo action to blow negative ions in your hair and to give it the ultimate drying experience. Apart from that, the hairdryer is also foldable, compact, and extremely lightweight.
All these added features make this an excellent choice to carry around with you. The dryer comes with a switch that allows you to change the voltage and use it in different countries with ease. All you need is a plug adaptor.
- Hairdryer with negative ions
- Uses turbo action to blow negative ions in your hair
- Gives you the ultimate hair drying experience
- Foldable, compact, and lightweight
- Easy to carry around
- Comes with a switch that lets you change the voltage so you can use in any part of the world using a plug adaptor
Related: Style your brows just the way you like it with these eyebrows pencils from top J-beauty brands!
Related: Here are the best sellers from Japan’s skincare giant – Shiseido. Check it out!
Panasonic Low Noise Ionity Hair Dryer
Best Japanese Hair Dryer For Travelers
This is yet another wonderful hairdryer by Panasonic that dries hair really fast. The dryer is also very quiet and does not make a noise like other dryers when you use it. It is also quite lightweight and can also be folded, making it a portable option for those who love traveling with their personal hair dryers. You can use this in countries apart from Japan using a plug adaptor.
- Dries hair really fast
- Very quiet and does not make high noise when you use it
- Lightweight and foldable
- Portable option for those who love traveling with their personal dryers
- Can be used in other countries too using a plug adaptor
Best Japanese Hair Dryers: FAQ
Is the Panasonic hair dryer good?
Yes, Panasonic hair dryers are one of the best in the market. The innovation and technology used is great and meant to style the hair without any damage. It gives a smooth and shiny finish.
Do Japanese use hair dryers?
Yes, Japanese do use hair dryers. They use it occasionally to style their hair.
Are hair dryers good?
Yes, hair dryers are good for styling your hair. They boost the volume and bring shine either by straightening or curling depending on the attachments. However, using hair dryers daily is not recommended.
Dry your hair in no time…
With these Japanese hair dryers, you can dry your hair quickly and effortlessly, and definitely without straining your arms. I love each one of these and can tell you that they are simply brilliant. If you hate the time-consuming chore of drying your hair, you must definitely get one of these Japanese dryers.
- Here are gentle Japanese face washes to get rid of the daily dirt and grime!
- Maintain the pH levels of your skin by using the right toner. Pick the best-suited toner for your skin here!
- Picking a moisturizer for oily skin can be tricky. Here are your best options. Check it out!
- Soothe acne with these sheet masks formulated specifically for acne-prone skin. Check it out!
- Keep acne in control with these non-comedogenic moisturizers specially formulated for acne-prone skin!
Erika is the main author of the website. She is obsessed with Japanese products and always looks for an opportunity to share her love for Japanese products with everybody around her! She combined her love for writing, research and testing products to create Best Japanese Products. When she’s not reviewing latest Japanese products, you’ll find her pampering her cats. Erika is the definition of ‘The Crazy Cat Lady’.
Panasonic Kuru Kuru Curling Hair Dryer
Check out the best Japanese hair dryer. A list of top dryers from Japan that are great for styling your hair. Do check out Panasonic Kuru Kuru Curling Hair Dryer which is the best in the list. Read further to know more.
Product SKU: BHJJ290473905893
Product Brand: Panasonic
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 79.47
Price Valid Until: 2022
Product In-Stock: InStock