Rainy days can be highly unpredictable and wet, which is not a very welcoming sight when you are not ready. However, having the best Japanese umbrella with you can really make rainy and pouring days more enjoyable.
With a convenient umbrella by my side, I don’t think twice before stepping out when the skies look gloomy.
While we agree that there are tons of umbrellas out there but getting the best Japanese umbrella really can make a lot of difference. Japanese umbrellas are extremely durable and can last you a long time.
Best Japanese Umbrella — Quick Summary
|Best Japanese Umbrella||Design theme||Link|
|Inverted Umbrella – $19.99||Inverted||View On Amazon|
|Samurai Umbrella – $28.99||Katana style||View On Amazon|
|Ninja Umbrella – $29.54||Ninja themed||View On Amazon|
|Vegetabrella – $95.38||Vegetable themed||View On Amazon|
|Traditional Japanese Paper Umbrella – $18.09||Paper||View On Amazon|
|Plastic Bubble Umbrella – $19.69||Plastic Bubble||View On Amazon|
|Sakura Bubble Umbrella – $20.99||Sakura plastic Bubble||View On Amazon|
|Super Mario Umbrella – $14.99||Mario themed||View On Amazon|
|Sakura Umbrella – $13.99||Sakura themed||View On Amazon|
|Anime Game Theme Reverse Umbrella – $60.00||Anime themed||View On Amazon|
Which is the best Japanese umbrella?
Japanese umbrellas are pretty sturdy and can protect you from rain or snow. Some Japanese umbrellas are designed to protect you from the sun when you step out. Considering the durability, functionality and design the sakura bubble umbrella is the best Japanese umbrella of the lot.
The transparent sakura bubble umbrella is designed with sakura leaves on top. Its bubble shape gives you extra coverage ensuring complete protection from rain and snow. The umbrella is made of waterproof PVC material and dries quickly. It features a sturdy handle that is convenient to use. The Sakura bubble umbrella costs $13.99 and is definitely worth the price.
I bought mine about 2 years ago and it’s still in really good condition! In this article, I’ve brought to you the best Japanese umbrellas that are going to be your perfect companions during rainy days (or sunny days).
Top Japanese Umbrella
Here’s a full review on some more of the best Japanese umbrellas for you:
This inverted umbrella is all the rage in Japan with its commendable and revolutionary design which also makes it the best Japanese umbrella. It has a reverse folding style that is quite unique and super convenient. Still not sure what it is? It is an umbrella that collapses inside out. So unlike the regular umbrellas, the wet portion of the umbrella folds inside, preventing raindrops from falling everywhere.
With this innovation, you do not need to worry about getting raindrops everywhere. You also never have to worry about the water splashing all over you while collapsing it. The umbrella has a double layer; the wet layer folds right under the dry layer, preventing water from dripping. It comes with a convenient C-shaped handgrip that makes it easy to carry it.
- Inverted umbrella that collapses inside out
- Wet portion of the umbrella folds inside the dry later, preventing raindrops from falling everywhere
- Comes with a double layer
- C-shaped handgrip that lets you carry it conveniently
- Unique and revolutionary umbrella
This is probably one of the coolest umbrellas out there. What makes this umbrella so unique and enticing? It has that handle of a katana (a samurai sword). The canopy of the umbrella is made of high-density 300T fabric that has a water-repelling feature. The umbrella is high in quality and has an elegant design. Doesn’t this qualify to be the best Japanese umbrella?
The umbrella opens with a semi-automatic button. It is light and easy to carry; the hold is also quite comfortable. The umbrella comes with its own case that lets you carry it like a samurai sword.
- One of the coolest umbrellas out there
- Comes with a unique handle that is designed like a katana (Samurai sword)
- Made of high-density 300T fabric
- Water-repelling feature
- High in quality and elegant design
- Opens with a semi-automatic button
- Light and easy to carry
- Comes with a carrying case
The next best Japanese umbrella is the Ninja style umbrella. If you are a fan of Ninjas, we are sure you will enjoy this finely-crafted umbrella. It is designed to look like a Ninja’s sword, which in itself, is quite a cool feature. The handle of the umbrella has been designed intricately, keeping in mind the design of a Ninja sword.
It is a sturdy and stylish umbrella with the handle wrapped in cushioned fabric. It is extremely comfortable to hold and is also a practical option. It comes with its own stylish carrying pouch that makes it convenient for you to carry it around.
- Finely-crafted umbrella
- Designed to look like a Ninja’s sword
- Handle is wrapped in cushioned fabric
- Comfortable to hold
- Practical option that comes with its own stylish carrying pouch
The best Japanese umbrella on this list is quite a unique one. It is an umbrella that, when closed, looks like the head of romaine lettuce. How cool is that! The name of this umbrella is a blend of “vegetable” and “umbrella”. The resemblance to the lettuce is quite uncanny, so there is a huge chance that you might mistake it for just that.
When opened, the umbrella looks like a normal, green umbrella. It comes with a ribbon to keep it closed that resembles the ribbon found on salads in Japanese supermarkets. The umbrella comes packed in a carton, which again, is made to look like Japanese vegetable boxes. We are sure you will enjoy this beauty.
- One of the most unique products out there
- An umbrella that looks like that head of romaine lettuce when closed
- Comes in a carton that uncannily resembles Japanese salad boxes
Traditional Japanese Paper Umbrella
The next best Japanese umbrella on this list is my absolute favorite. Western umbrellas are usually made of cloth or plastic, however, opposed to that traditional Japanese umbrellas are made of paper.
Yes, you read that right!
While this may not sound like a feasible or practical, it is actually not so. To make the umbrella practical, strong Japanese paper is steeped in oil to make it waterproof.
The umbrella is 100 percent handmade and looks very chic, thanks to the beautiful and intricate cherry blossom pattern on it. The wooden handle is strong and sturdy. It is made of wood that is smooth and polished. It is a wonderful umbrella that adds a touch of the orient to your look. You can use this for special occasions as a great accessory. It is also an amazing everyday umbrella.
- Make of strong Japanese paper dipped in oil that makes it waterproof
- 100 percent handmade
- Has a stylish and intricate cherry blossom pattern
- Strong and sturdy handle that is made of wood
- Smooth and polished handle that makes holding the umbrella comfortable
- Great to be used as a prop in special occasions
Plastic Bubble Umbrella
The most unique umbrella ever created by the Japanese is the plastic bubble umbrella. It comes in quite cheap and is widely available. The biggest feature that makes this one of the most popular umbrellas in Japan is that it is transparent and will not block your vision.
This makes the umbrella perfect to be used on the roads without any worries. Definitely the best Japanese umbrella you could ask for!
The umbrella is made of environment-friendly PVC material that is waterproof and saves you from rain. Apart from being great on rainy days, this umbrella is also perfect for clicking pictures. It makes for an excellent and chic prop.
- One of the most unique umbrellas created by the Japanese
- Is available at a cheap price
- Popular amongst the Japanese as it is transparent and does not block your vision
- Made of environment-friendly PVC material
- Waterproof; saves you from rain
- Great to be used as a prop while clicking pictures
Sakura Bubble Umbrella
The next best Japanese umbrella is another one of my favorites. This is a transparent bubble umbrella with a beautiful sakura pattern. The bubble shape is different from traditional umbrellas; it is perfect for those rainy days as it keeps your face completely protected against raindrops.
We love this extra coverage that keeps our upper half dry and perfect. The umbrella is easy to open and close.
The canopy is completely waterproof and is made of PVC material. The handle is also sturdy and comfortable to hold. The most amazing feature is the transparent material that lets you get a good view around. Also, the excellent design makes carrying it quite fun.
- Transparent bubble umbrella with a beautiful sakura design
- Keeps your upper half, including your face, protected against the rain
- Easy to open and close
- Canopy is made of waterproof PVC material
- Sturdy and comfortable handle
- Beautiful and stylish to carry around
Super Mario Umbrella
If you are looking for an umbrella for your little ones, this is the best Japanese umbrella. Check out this super adorable Super Mario umbrella.
This umbrella is made of 100 percent polyester and has a delightful design that is surely going to make your little ones very happy. The handle has a character handle that is sturdy and strong. It is also easy to open and close and is safe for your kids to use.
- Great umbrella for your little ones
- Has an adorable Super Mario design
- Made of 100 percent polyester
- Delightful design that is great for kids
- Character design handle that is strong and sturdy
- Easy to open and close
- Safe to be used by kids
The next one on this list of best Japanese umbrella comes in a beautiful sakura design. This beautiful umbrella comes with a rubberized handle that is anti-slip, convenient, and comfortable to hold.
The fabric of the umbrella provides 99 percent protection and is completely waterproof. It comes with an eight-ribs design that makes it wind resistant. It can withstand a strong gust of wind without breaking.
The beautiful sakura design against the classic black fabric adds a wonderful look to the umbrella. It is also compact, portable, and durable.
- Compact, portable and durable umbrella
- Comes with a rubberized handle that is anti-slip
- Convenient and comfortable to hold
- Completely waterproof
- Wind-resistant; can withstand strong winds without breaking
- Beautiful sakura pattern
Anime Game Theme Reverse Umbrella
This reverse umbrella is made of high-quality wind and UV resistant fabric. The umbrella can withstand high winds and remain intact without breaking.
Which makes it the best Japanese umbrella. This umbrella is versatile, unique, and durable; it is designed keeping in mind comfort and portability.
The inward-folding style keeps rainwater from dripping everywhere. The C-shaped handle also makes handling the umbrella very easy and comfortable.
We also love this umbrella because of the exquisite anime design that gives this umbrella a wonderful graphic pop.
- Reverse umbrella
- Made of high-quality wind and UV-resistant fabric
- Can withstand high winds
- Remains intact without breaking
- Versatile, unique, and durable
- Comfortable and portable
- C-shaped handle that makes holding the camera easy and comfortable
- Exquisite anime design with a wonderful graphic pop
Types of Japanese Umbrella
- Rain Umbrella
Rain umbrella are the common type of umbrellas. It’s designed with a huge canopy to protect against the rain and a metal shaft. It’s not the most durable type of umbrella but it’s good to protect yourself against the rain. If you live in an area where storms are common, it’s best to opt for a double layered umbrella so it doesn’t flip upside.
Most rain umbrellas can be folded and stored in your bag. This is good for someone who tends to forget their umbrellas all the time. It’s also good for situations when the weather surprises you and it suddenly starts to rain.
- Beach Umbrella
Beach umbrellas are placed at the beach, resorts, by the swimming pools. They are made of fabric that absorbs sun radiation and provides UPF protection. A beach umbrella with a 7ft wide canopy can easily cover two people.
How to Choose the best Japanese umbrella?
There are two things you need to consider when the best Japanese umbrella for yourself – Size and durability
- Size: make sure that you buy a size that’s comfortable for you. if you happen to travel around the city all day or take cabs, busses or trains then it’s best to carry a small umbrella for convenience. With a small umbrella you can store it in your bag when it’s not raining.
- Durability: If you live in a region where you face storms and heavy rains constantly then it’s best to buy a double layered umbrella. Generally, umbrellas that are bigger and heavier and considered to be stronger and prove to be more durable than the umbrellas that are smaller and light in weight.
Ready for the rains?
These were some of the best and the most unique Japanese umbrellas to help you endure those rainy days. With these umbrellas, you can be sure that you be not be soaked wet. So, are you ready to get these beautiful umbrellas today?
- Here are some beautiful cherry blossom themed products you can take back home as souvenirs from Japan!
Erika is the main author of the website. She is obsessed with Japanese products and always looks for an opportunity to share her love for Japanese products with everybody around her! She combined her love for writing, research and testing products to create Best Japanese Products. When she’s not reviewing latest Japanese products, you’ll find her pampering her cats. Erika is the definition of ‘The Crazy Cat Lady’.