Are you looking for the best Japanese toilet seats? here’s a list for you to choose the best ones!
Japanese toilet seats have become increasingly popular worldwide due to their advanced features and overall comfort. These innovative toilet seats, also known as bidet seats or washlets, have taken bathroom hygiene and convenience to new levels. With features like warm water cleansing, heated seats, and air drying capabilities, it’s easy to see why many people are opting for a Japanese toilet seat in their homes.
One of the key aspects of Japanese toilet seat design is the focus on hygiene and cleanliness. Traditional bidets can be difficult to use and often leave users feeling less than clean. However, Japanese toilet seats offer an enhanced bidet experience with customizable water pressures, temperatures, and spray patterns, making sure users feel refreshed and clean after every use. Moreover, these seats usually come with self-cleaning nozzles to ensure a hygienic wash every time.
When considering purchasing a Japanese toilet seat, there are several factors to take into account, such as the available features, the quality of the materials, and the ease of installation. Additionally, some models may require an electrical outlet nearby for powering the seat’s advanced functions. Considering these factors will help you find the perfect Japanese toilet seat to elevate your bathroom experience.
We have taken the time to thoroughly research and test a range of Japanese toilet seats to find the best options available. Our recommendations will help you find the right toilet seat that combines quality, functionality, and value for a truly upgraded bathroom experience.
How To Choose a Japanese Toilet Seat?
- Shape: There are various shapes of toilet seats available like round, elongated etc. It depends on person to person so choose what’s comfortable for you.
- Material: Choose a tough and durable material of your toilet seat because you’re going to be sitting on it. Materials like ceramic, wooden, plastic, vinyl and brass are the best.
- Flush: Make sure the flush tank of the toilet seat is good enough to wash away everything in a single push. If it needs too many pushes, it is not efficient.
- Extra Features: All in all, what it comes down to is what kind of features you want and what amount of money you want to spend on these features for the best Japanese style toilet seat.
These are a few features you might want to consider:
- Dual-nozzle adjustable sprayers for comfortable feminine and rear washing
- Self-cleaning and sanitizing systems
- Auto open/close lid
- Remote control
- Adjustable heated seat
- Adjustable warm air dryer
- Automatic deodorizer
- Ample pressure to eliminate TP from your life (after all, one of the greatest benefits of owning a bidet is TP cost savings)
- Unlimited warm water washing
How are Japanese toilet seats different from bidets?
Japanese toilet seats, also known as washlets, are a type of toilet seat that has built-in features such as a bidet, heated seat, and deodorizer. Bidets, on the other hand, are separate fixtures that are installed next to the toilet.
Bidets typically have a spout that sprays water to clean the user, while washlets have a built-in nozzle that sprays water from the toilet seat.
Here is a table that summarizes the key differences between Japanese toilet seats and bidets:
|Japanese toilet seat
|Bidet, heated seat, deodorizer
|Installed on the toilet seat
|Installed next to the toilet
|Very popular in Japan, becoming increasingly popular in other parts of the world
|Popular in Europe and South America, less popular in the United States
Here are some additional things to consider when choosing between a Japanese toilet seat and a bidet:
- Space: Japanese toilet seats are typically larger than traditional toilet seats, so you need to make sure that there is enough space in your bathroom to install one. Bidets can be installed next to an existing toilet, so they are a good option for people with limited space.
- Ease of use: Japanese toilet seats are typically very easy to use, with controls that are clearly labeled and easy to reach. Bidets can also be easy to use, but some models have more complex controls than others.
- Features: Japanese toilet seats come with a variety of features, such as heated seats, deodorizers, and adjustable water pressure and temperature. Bidets typically have fewer features than Japanese toilet seats, but some models do have features such as heated water and adjustable water pressure.
- Price: Japanese toilet seats are typically more expensive than bidets. However, there is a wide range of prices available for both Japanese toilet seats and bidets, so you should be able to find an option that fits your budget.
What to look for when buying a Japanese toilet seat?
When buying a Japanese toilet seat, also known as a bidet toilet seat or washlet, there are several important factors to consider to ensure you choose the right one for your needs and preferences. Japanese toilet seats are known for their advanced features and high-quality design.
Here are some key factors to look for:
- Water Pressure and Temperature Control: Look for a model that allows you to adjust the water pressure and temperature to your liking. Most Japanese toilet seats offer warm water for cleaning, and the ability to customize these settings can greatly enhance your comfort.
- Nozzle Position and Adjustability: Ensure that the nozzle position can be adjusted to target the right area for cleaning. Some models allow you to customize the position and angle of the nozzle.
- Water Flow Patterns: Many Japanese toilet seats offer various water flow patterns, such as oscillating or pulsating sprays. Having options for different patterns can improve cleaning effectiveness and comfort.
- Air Dryer: Look for a model with an integrated air dryer. This feature helps you dry off after cleaning, reducing the need for toilet paper.
- Heated Seat: A heated seat is a popular feature, especially in colder climates. Make sure the seat can be heated to a comfortable temperature.
- Seat Sensors: Some models have sensors that detect when you’re seated and automatically activate certain functions, like the heated seat or the bidet spray.
- Remote Control: Many Japanese toilet seats come with remote controls for easy customization of settings. Consider the design and user-friendliness of the remote.
- Energy Efficiency: Check if the toilet seat is energy-efficient. Some models have energy-saving features like a power-saving mode or an automatic shutoff.
- Hygiene Features: Look for features like self-cleaning nozzles, which can help maintain a high level of hygiene. Some models also offer a UV light feature to disinfect the nozzle.
- Installation and Compatibility: Ensure that the toilet seat is compatible with your existing toilet bowl. Some seats are designed for specific toilet shapes or sizes, so measure your toilet before purchasing. Installation should be relatively straightforward, but it’s a good idea to check if you need any additional plumbing or electrical work.
- Brand and Reputation: Choose a reputable brand known for quality and reliability. Brands like TOTO, Panasonic, and INAX are well-regarded in the Japanese toilet seat market.
- Price: Japanese toilet seats come in a range of prices, so consider your budget. While higher-end models may offer more features and better build quality, there are also affordable options that provide basic bidet functionality.
- Warranty and Customer Support: Check the warranty and customer support provided by the manufacturer. This can be important in case you encounter any issues with your toilet seat.
- User Reviews: Read user reviews and ratings to get an idea of how well a particular model performs in real-world situations.
Ultimately, the best Japanese toilet seat for you will depend on your personal preferences, budget, and the features that matter most to you. Take your time to research and compare different models to find the one that suits your needs and provides the level of comfort and hygiene you desire.
What are the benefits of using Japanese toilet seats?
Using a Japanese toilet seat, also known as a bidet toilet seat or washlet, offers several benefits compared to traditional toilet paper and standard toilet seats. Here are some of the advantages of using a Japanese toilet seat:
- Improved Personal Hygiene: Bidet toilet seats provide a thorough and effective cleaning experience. They use warm water to cleanse, which is more hygienic than using toilet paper alone. This can help reduce the risk of bacterial and fecal contamination.
- Reduction in Toilet Paper Usage: Using a bidet toilet seat can significantly reduce your reliance on toilet paper, leading to cost savings and a positive environmental impact. This is particularly relevant in areas where excessive toilet paper usage contributes to deforestation and plumbing issues.
- Comfort and Convenience: Japanese toilet seats often come with heated seats, making them more comfortable, especially during cold weather. They also offer adjustable water temperature and pressure, ensuring a personalized and comfortable cleaning experience.
- Efficiency and Speed: Cleaning with a bidet toilet seat is quicker and more efficient than using toilet paper. This can be especially helpful for individuals with mobility issues or those who require a thorough clean.
- Reduced Skin Irritation: Traditional toilet paper can sometimes cause skin irritation, especially in individuals with sensitive skin or conditions like hemorrhoids. Bidet toilet seats provide a gentler and more soothing alternative.
- Odor Reduction: Some bidet toilet seats have built-in deodorizers or air purifiers that help eliminate odors, contributing to a more pleasant bathroom experience.
- Environmental Benefits: By reducing toilet paper usage, bidet toilet seats help decrease paper waste and the environmental impact associated with its production and disposal.
- Child-Friendly: Bidet toilet seats are often equipped with features like a soft-close lid and child-safety settings, making them suitable for families with young children.
- Elderly and Disabled Accessibility: Bidet toilet seats can be particularly beneficial for elderly individuals or those with disabilities who may have difficulty using standard toilet paper effectively.
- Health Benefits: Improved hygiene through bidet toilet seats can contribute to better overall health by reducing the risk of infections and promoting better cleanliness.
- Customizable Settings: Many bidet toilet seats allow users to customize various settings, such as water pressure, temperature, and nozzle position, ensuring a personalized and comfortable experience.
- Automatic Functions: Some models come with automatic features, such as seat warming and nozzle cleaning, which add to user convenience and comfort.
- Increased Home Value: Installing a bidet toilet seat can increase the value of your home, as these fixtures are often considered a luxury and an indicator of modern and advanced plumbing.
It’s important to note that the specific features and benefits may vary among different models and brands of Japanese toilet seats. When choosing one, consider your personal preferences and needs to select a bidet toilet seat that best suits you and your household.
Japanese toilet seat Vs traditional Western-style toilet seat
Japan, as you know, is known for its cutting-edge technology. Japanese toilet seats, sometimes known as washlets, are no exception.
These seats offer a number of advantages over traditional Western-style toilet seats, including:
- Bidet features: Japanese toilet seats typically have built-in bidet features, which use water to clean the user’s body after using the toilet. This can be more hygienic than using toilet paper, and it can also be more comfortable for people with sensitive skin.
- Heated seats: Japanese toilet seats often have heated seats, which can be a welcome feature in cold weather.
- Other features: Japanese toilet seats may also have other features such as deodorizers, adjustable water pressure and temperature, and nightlights.
While Japanese toilet seats offer a number of advantages, they are also more expensive than traditional Western-style toilet seats. Additionally, some people may find the bidet features to be too intrusive.
Here is a table that summarizes the key differences between Japanese toilet seats and traditional Western-style toilet seats:
|Japanese toilet seat
|Traditional Western-style toilet seat
|Deodorizers, adjustable water pressure and temperature, nightlights (may vary)
Best Japanese Toilet Seat: Summary
|Best Japanese Toilet Seat
|TOTO Neorest NX2
|10 x 10 x 10 inches
|Kohler K-5402-0 Veil Wall-hung Intelligent Toilet
|25.38 x 23.25 x 46.25 inches
|28.31 x 16.5 x 28.62 inches
|Brondell Swash SE600 Bidet Toilet Seat
|20.87 x 15.15 x 6.1 inches
|Luxe Bidet Neo 120 Non-Electric Bidet Toilet Attachment
|12 x 6 x 6 inches
|23.5 x 20.5 x 9 inches
|Brondell Inc. S300-EW Swash 300
|15.5 x 20.5 x 6.25 inches
|19.53 x 18.5 x 5.71 inches
Which is the best Japanese toilet seat?
I’ve changed many toilet seats to find the best one based on comfort, technology, price etc. I found Toto SW2034-01 to be the best.
Toto SW2034-01 is an entry-level Japanese washlet. It has basic functions like a heated seat, temperature control, and dryer. Toto SW2034-01 also comes with a pre-mist to help prevent any unwanted mess. It has a white plastic control panel It is also extremely budgeted.
Best Japanese Toilet Seats
Upgrade your bathroom experience with the TOTO WASHLET C5 Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat; the luxurious design offers comfort and cleanliness.
- Adjustable warm water and pressure settings
- SoftClose heated seat and air deodorizer
- PREMIST feature and EWATER+ wand cleaning
- Requires a nearby electrical outlet
- Possible installation complications
- Some unevenness due to missing pads
We recently tried the TOTO SW3084#01 WASHLET C5 Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat and were amazed by its comfort and innovative features. The adjustable warm water and pressure settings, along with the dual-action spray and oscillating option, ensure a refreshing and effective clean every time. It’s definitely a game-changer when it comes to personal hygiene.
The SoftClose heated bidet seat provides consistent warmth over the entire seat surface, which is perfect during colder months. The air deodorizer neutralizes bathroom odors with powerful air filters, while the adjustable warm air dryer makes clean-up quick and easy.
The PREMIST feature helps prevent waste from sticking to the bowl by misting it with water before each use, and the EWATER+ wand automatically cleans itself, maintaining a high level of hygiene.
However, there are a few downsides to be aware of. The TOTO WASHLET C5 requires an electrical outlet nearby, which might necessitate hiring an electrician for installation if you don’t already have one close to your toilet.
Some users have reported issues with the installation process, such as bolt inserts that were too big for the toilet bowl holes or missing pads that lead to an uneven seat.
Despite these potential drawbacks, we believe that the TOTO WASHLET C5 Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat is a worthwhile investment for anyone looking to elevate their bathroom experience.
Experience ultimate hygiene and comfort with the Jenys Heated Bidet Toilet Seat, perfect for enhancing your bathroom experience.
- Exceptional hygiene with cleansing and self-cleaning functions
- Luxury features for a modern-day oasis feel
- Easy installation on your existing toilet
- Might be a bit pricey for some budgets
- No batteries included or required
- Made of plastic, which might not suit everyone’s taste
After using the Jenys Heated Bidet Toilet Seat, our bathroom experiences have been taken to a whole new level. The heated bidet toilet seat attachment offers unparalleled hygiene, leaving us feeling refreshed and clean without the need for traditional toilet paper. The self-cleaning function ensures that the bidet remains sanitary between uses.
One of the best aspects of this bidet toilet seat is its Japanese style design with luxurious features like a heated seat, warm water, and adjustable water pressure and temperature. Our bathroom now feels like a modern-day oasis that we look forward to using every day.
The installation process for this bidet toilet seat is incredibly simple. It attaches to our existing toilet seamlessly, without the need for a plumber or any special tools. This ease of installation makes it accessible and convenient for all homeowners, regardless of their DIY skill level.
As much as we’re enjoying the Jenys Heated Bidet Toilet Seat, it’s worth mentioning that it might be a bit pricey for some budgets. Additionally, the seat is made of plastic, which might not suit everyone’s taste. However, considering the numerous benefits and features that come with it, we believe it’s a worthwhile investment for any household looking to elevate their bathroom experience and contribute to a more environmentally friendly lifestyle.
This smart toilet is a game changer for your bathroom experience with its advanced features and comfort.
- Built-in bidet with adjustable settings
- Heated seat for added comfort
- Automatic flushing system
- May require professional installation
- Potential compatibility issues with some plumbing setups
- High upfront cost
We recently had the chance to use the Uncle Brown Luxury Smart Toilet with a built-in bidet, and it has truly revolutionized our bathroom experience. The integrated bidet seat provides a refreshing and customizable wash, allowing us to adjust the washing position, water temperature, and water pressure to find the perfect setting.
The heated seat is another fantastic feature, especially during those chilly winter mornings. We could set the seat temperature to our liking and enjoy a warm, welcoming experience every time. Combine that with the automatic flush system, which triggers when we stand up or can be manually activated with a remote or knob, and the convenience of this toilet is undeniable.
The smart toilet also offers a night light to help navigate in the dark, and a digital display shows the water, seat, and drying temperatures. While we love all these features, it’s important to note that the Uncle Brown Luxury Smart Toilet may require professional installation due to its advanced system. Additionally, some users have reported compatibility issues with their existing plumbing setups.
Despite these potential drawbacks, we believe that the benefits of the Uncle Brown Luxury Smart Toilet far outweigh its cons. It may demand a high upfront cost, but the investment is worth it for the convenience, comfort, and incredible bathroom experience it provides. If you’re looking to upgrade your bathroom game, this is definitely a top contender.
The ZMJH Bidet Toilet Seat ZMA102 is an excellent choice for those seeking a luxurious and eco-friendly addition to their bathroom.
- Multiple temperature and pressure settings for personalized comfort
- Self-cleaning stainless steel nozzle
- Eco-friendly design with energy-saving mode
- Installation might be challenging for some
- Heavier than some competitors at 12 pounds
- May not fit all elongated toilet models
Upon trying out the ZMJH Bidet Toilet Seat ZMA102, we were pleased with its range of temperature and pressure settings for the water heater, heated seat, and water pressure. We were also impressed by its self-cleaning stainless steel nozzle, which washed itself after each use and tucked itself away when not in use.
Installation took a bit more time for us since we aren’t skilled plumbers, but overall it was manageable. We did encounter a minor leak initially, but that was quickly resolved by adjusting the existing lines. The ZMA102 bidet seat is a bit heavier than some competitors, but this did not affect its functionality or comfort.
One concern is that this bidet seat may not fit all elongated toilet models. It’s essential to measure your toilet before purchasing to ensure the best fit possible. However, if it does fit your toilet, the ZMJH ZMA102 offers a touch of luxury with its LED nightlight, making it perfect for those night-time bathroom visits.
The eco-friendly design of the ZMJH Bidet Toilet Seat ZMA102 won us over. It’s energy-saving mode conserves energy, and its effective cleaning abilities reduce the need for excessive toilet paper use. We appreciate how it strikes a balance between luxury and environmental consciousness.
In conclusion, the ZMJH Bidet Toilet Seat ZMA102 is an excellent option for anyone looking to enhance their bathroom experience with a customizable and eco-friendly bidet seat. Its wide range of features and reliable performance make it a worthwhile investment.
We confidently recommend the Brondell Bidet Toilet Seat Non-Electric Swash Ecoseat for its eco-friendly features and overall hygiene experience.
- Easy, self-installation process
- Dual nozzles for rear and front washes
- No electricity or batteries required
- Manual operation may not suit everyone’s preferences
- Limited adjustability of water pressure
- Plastic material may feel less durable
The Brondell Bidet Toilet Seat Non-Electric Swash Ecoseat has been a game-changer in our bathroom routine. The easy, self-installation process allowed us to set it up in just minutes without any need for a plumber. The absence of electricity and batteries also adds to the eco-friendliness of this bidet seat.
The dual nozzles provide a refreshing front and rear wash, leaving us feeling clean and rejuvenated every time. However, for some, the manual operation may not be as convenient as electronic options. The bidet seat’s water pressure isn’t highly adjustable, but it still provides a comfortable cleanse.
Though the material used in crafting this toilet seat is plastic, it still offers ample support. Additionally, the gentle closing seat and sturdy lid add a touch of elegance to the product. While it may not be the most luxurious option in the market, the Brondell Bidet Toilet Seat Non-Electric Swash Ecoseat effectively serves its purpose as an eco-friendly yet functional addition to any bathroom.
The BidetMate 1000 Series Electric Bidet is a fantastic addition to any bathroom, offering luxury and eco-friendly functionality for the entire family.
- Customizable wash functions for everyone
- Eco-friendly and money-saving alternative to toilet paper
- Heated seat, water, and dryer with adjustable settings
- May not fit all toilet bowl shapes
- Power cord may be short for some setups
- Spray power might be too strong for some users
We recently installed the BidetMate 1000 Series Electric Bidet in our bathroom, and it has been a game-changer. The various wash settings, including aerated, pulse, feminine, and child wash, provide customizable options that cater to each family member’s needs. The stainless steel self-cleaning bidet nozzle ensures a sanitary experience, and the soft-closing seat eliminates the issue of seat slamming.
Aside from the comfort and luxury it brings, the BidetMate 1000 Series helps us save money and protect the environment by reducing our toilet paper usage. The energy savings mode also ensures that electricity is not wasted, and a portion of the sales goes towards supporting environmental causes.
In terms of installation, we found it relatively simple to set up. However, it’s essential to ensure that your toilet bowl shape and size are compatible with the BidetMate 1000 Series. The integrated power cord is 47″ long and grounded, but may be too short for some bathroom setups.
Overall, we think the BidetMate 1000 Series Electric Bidet is an excellent investment for any household looking to upgrade their bathroom experience and make a positive impact on the environment.
The Kohler C3-455 is a great choice for those seeking a feature-rich and comfortable bidet toilet seat experience.
- Heated seat with adjustable temperature
- Quiet-close lid and LED lighting
- Easy to clean and install
- May not fit all toilet shapes
- Requires a dedicated electrical GFCI circuit
- Some users found water pressure to be low
We recently tried the Kohler C3-455 Elongated Bidet Toilet Seat and we were impressed by its user-friendly features and overall performance. The heated seat with five adjustable temperature settings provided great comfort, especially during cold winter months.
The quiet-close lid and LED lighting were nice touches, making nighttime bathroom visits less disruptive to others in the household. Additionally, the self-cleaning function using UV light and the quick-release hinges made maintenance hassle-free.
However, potential buyers should be aware that the Kohler C3-455 may not fit all toilet shapes, so it’s essential to check compatibility before purchasing. Also, the installation process requires a dedicated electrical GFCI circuit, which might be an issue for some homeowners.
A few users mentioned that the water pressure was lower than expected, but despite this, it still provided a good cleansing experience. Overall, we believe the Kohler C3-455 is a fantastic option for those looking to upgrade their bathroom setup with a Japanese toilet seat.
Experience a luxurious and eco-friendly bathroom experience with the BidetMate 2000 Series Electric Bidet.
- Customizable wash settings (aerated, pulse, feminine, etc.)
- Eco-friendly, reducing toilet paper usage
- Stainless steel self-cleaning nozzle
- May require professional installation
- Slightly weak water pressure
- Limited clearance for certain toilet shapes
After recently using the BidetMate 2000 Series Electric Bidet, we were pleasantly surprised by the level of personal comfort, hygiene, and cleanliness it provided. The customizable wash settings ensured everyone in our household could have a tailored cleansing experience, and the heated seat was an added luxury!
What sets BidetMate apart is its commitment to the environment. Not only does this bidet seat reduce toilet paper consumption, but the company also donates a portion of sales to environmental causes. The energy-saving mode ensures we are not wasting electricity while promoting sustainability.
While the installation of the BidetMate was not too difficult, we understand that some people might require a professional plumber to handle the process. Be sure to check if your toilet bowl shape and measurements can accommodate this bidet seat before purchasing. Keep in mind that the water pressure might be slightly weak compared to other options on the market. Overall, the BidetMate 2000 Series Electric Bidet offers a comfortable and eco-friendly way to clean and refresh, making it a worthy addition to your bathroom.
This Ellai Smart Toilet provides a customizable and hygienic bathroom experience with its array of innovative features.
- Multi-functional washing options and adjustable settings
- Built-in air dryer for eco-friendly drying
- Rapid heating and night light features for added convenience
- Challenging installation process
- Not made in the USA as expected
- Some users reported issues with flushing and remote control
We recently had the opportunity to try the Ellai Smart Toilet with Bidet Built-In and appreciated its many advanced features that made our bathroom experience more enjoyable and hygienic. The multi-functional washing feature offered a customized cleaning experience — with front and rear washing options, adjustable water pressure and temperature, and pulsating spray modes, we could tailor our cleaning routine to our preferences.
Another feature we valued was the built-in air dryer, which eliminates the need for toilet paper and offers an eco-friendly alternative. With adjustable temperature and strength settings, the air dryer ensured a comfortable and effective drying experience. Moreover, the rapid heating technology provided instant warmth and comfort, while the night light feature helped to guide us in the dark without causing any eye strain.
However, we did face some challenges during installation, as the special angle valve made it a more labor-intensive process than anticipated. Some users also reported receiving a product made in China despite expecting a USA-made item. Moreover, a few experienced issues with the flushing mechanism and remote control, which could counteract some of the convenience provided by the toilet’s advanced features.
Overall, the Ellai Smart Toilet with Bidet Built-In offers a highly customizable and enhanced bathroom experience. However, potential buyers should be aware of the challenges during installation and potential issues with certain features.
We recommend the Brondell LE99 Swash Electronic Bidet Seat for its high-quality features, warm water wash, and easy installation.
- Advanced hybrid heating technology
- Stainless-steel self-cleaning nozzle
- Multiple wash modes and customizable settings
- Remote control issues reported by some users
- Poor quality T-valve and hoses
- Smaller opening compared to standard oval seats
The Brondell LE99 Swash Electronic Bidet Seat is an affordable and innovative product that provides an upgraded toileting experience. The advanced hybrid heating technology guarantees an extended warm water cycle while the warm air dryer adds a touch of luxury. We love how easy it is to toggle between the strong and soft wash modes to cater to our cleaning preferences. With the stainless-steel nozzle offering 5 positions and customizable settings for water temperature and pressure, we’ve achieved a perfect wash every time.
However, we did encounter some drawbacks with this bidet seat. Though it comes with a Lite-Touch remote control, some users reported having issues with its functionality. Additionally, the T-valve and hoses included for installation seem to be of poor quality, which led us to purchasing our own set up for enhanced durability and leak prevention. Lastly, the opening of the seat is notably smaller compared to standard oval seats, which may take some time to adjust to.
In summary, the Brondell LE99 Swash Electronic Bidet Seat offers a great balance of price and features, making it a worthy investment despite the minor issues. The customizable settings, warm water wash, and stainless-steel nozzle ensure a pleasant bathroom experience, allowing us to enjoy our everyday routines even more.
Japanese Toilet Seat Buying Guide
When looking for the best Japanese toilet seat, there are several factors and features to consider. To simplify the process, we have compiled a few key points to help you make an informed decision.
Features and Functions
First, consider the features and functions that are most important to you. Some common features of Japanese toilet seats include:
- Heated seats
- Adjustable water temperature and pressure
- Warm air dryer
- Auto open/close lid
Consider which of these features are essential, and what you are willing to compromise on to save money or for ease of installation.
Next, assess the installation requirements. Check your existing toilet and plumbing to ensure compatibility with your desired Japanese toilet seat. Some models require nearby electrical outlets, and others may need additional plumbing fixtures. Understanding your bathroom’s limitations can save you time and unexpected costs.
Maintenance is another factor to consider. Easy-to-clean models are always a plus. Some Japanese toilet seats have self-cleaning features, making your life even easier. Weigh the pros and cons of added features versus the maintenance they may require.
Finally, establish a budget for your Japanese toilet seat purchase. They come in a wide range of prices, and setting a budget will help you narrow your options. Keep in mind that higher-end models are often more feature-rich, but there may be more affordable options with the specific features you desire.
We hope these tips will assist you in finding the perfect Japanese toilet seat for your needs. Take your time to research and compare different models, and enjoy the luxury and convenience of your new purchase.
Japanese Toilet Seats: FAQs
What is a Japanese toilet seat called?
A Japanese toilet seat, also known as a washlet or ウォシュレット (Washレット), is a type of toilet seat that has built-in features such as a bidet, heated seat, and deodorizer. Washlets are very popular in Japan, and are becoming increasingly popular in other parts of the world as well.
How to install a Japanese toilet seat in my home bathroom?
To install a Japanese toilet seat in your home bathroom, you will need the following tools and materials:
- A Japanese toilet seat
- A screwdriver
- A wrench
- A tape measure
- A level
- A pencil
- A drill
- A saw
- Silicone sealant
- Turn off the water supply to the toilet.
- Remove the old toilet seat.
- Measure the distance between the mounting holes in the toilet bowl.
- Mark the corresponding holes on the Japanese toilet seat.
- Drill pilot holes at the marked locations.
- Attach the Japanese toilet seat to the toilet bowl using the screws and washers provided.
- Connect the water supply to the Japanese toilet seat.
- Turn on the water supply and test the Japanese toilet seat.
Here are some additional tips for installing a Japanese toilet seat:
- Make sure that the Japanese toilet seat is compatible with your toilet bowl.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- Be careful not to overtighten the screws, as this could damage the toilet seat.
- Use silicone sealant around the edges of the Japanese toilet seat to prevent leaks.
If you are not comfortable installing a Japanese toilet seat yourself, you can hire a professional plumber to do it for you.
Do Japanese toilet seats come with any warranties?
Yes, Japanese toilet seats typically come with warranties or guarantees from the manufacturer.
The length of the warranty varies depending on the brand and model of the toilet seat, but most warranties last for at least one year. Some manufacturers offer warranties of up to five years or even longer.
The warranty typically covers defects in materials and workmanship. If the toilet seat breaks or malfunctions within the warranty period, the manufacturer will repair or replace it for free.
However, the warranty may not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse.
It is important to read the manufacturer’s warranty carefully before purchasing a Japanese toilet seat. This will help you understand what is covered under the warranty and how to make a claim if necessary.
What are the top features to look for in a Japanese toilet seat?
When choosing a Japanese toilet seat, some top features to consider include an adjustable heated seat, customizable water pressure and temperature, warm air dryer, deodorizer, and a self-cleaning nozzle. Additional desirable features may include a nightlight and remote control.
Which Japanese toilet seats have the highest user ratings?
Some Japanese toilet seats with high user ratings include the TOTO Washlet series, Bio Bidet BB-2000, and INAX advanced bidet toilet seats. These brands consistently receive positive feedback from users for their comfort, advanced features, and ease of use.
How do the leading Japanese toilet seat brands compare?
TOTO, INAX, and Panasonic are some of the leading Japanese toilet seat brands. TOTO is known for its innovative and high-quality Washlets, offering a variety of models to suit various budgets and feature preferences. INAX bidet seats also deliver advanced functionality and design, while Panasonic offers a range of eco-friendly and budget-conscious options. However, individual preferences and requirements may vary, so it’s essential to explore each brand’s offerings.
What are the key factors to consider when choosing a bidet toilet seat?
When selecting a bidet toilet seat, consider factors such as price, features, user-friendliness, and compatibility with your existing toilet. Additional aspects to consider include ease of installation, design, and energy-saving functionality.
Which Japanese toilet seats come with a dryer function?
Many high-quality Japanese toilet seats offer a warm air dryer function, such as those in the TOTO Washlet series and Bio Bidet BB-2000. The dryer feature is beneficial for users seeking a comprehensive, hands-free bathroom experience.
Are there any budget-friendly yet high-quality Japanese toilet seat options?
Yes, there are budget-friendly Japanese toilet seats that offer quality features, such as some models from INAX, Bio Bidet, and Alpha Bidet. These options may not have all the advanced features of their high-end counterparts, but they still provide excellent value and convenience.
How do I determine the best bidet function for my needs?
To determine the best bidet function for your needs, consider factors such as water pressure, spray angle, and nozzle type. Some models may offer adjustable pressure, pulsating or oscillating spray, and posterior or front wash features. Test out different settings to find the most comfortable and efficient cleaning experience for you.
How do I install and maintain a Japanese toilet seat?
Installing a Japanese toilet seat typically involves removing your existing seat and securing the electronic bidet seat to the toilet bowl with mounting brackets. Proper installation may require a nearby electrical outlet and a water supply connection. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific guidance on your model.
To maintain your toilet seat, clean the seat and nozzles with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives that may damage the plastic surfaces or electronic components. Check the manufacturer’s recommendations for regular maintenance procedures, such as replacing filters and deodorizing cartridges, to ensure optimum performance and longevity.
What are the energy usage and environmental considerations?
Japanese toilet seats with electronic features and heated water may increase energy consumption. However, many models come with energy-saving features, such as automatic sleep mode and adjustable energy settings. Consider the overall environmental impact of using a bidet in lieu of toilet paper; it can reduce the use of paper products and associated deforestation, water consumption, and pollution from paper production.
Are there compatibility issues to consider with my existing toilet?
Before purchasing a Japanese toilet seat, ensure it is compatible with your existing toilet’s shape and size. Some models may require specific dimensions, such as the distance between the mounting holes, to fit properly. Also, consider any plumbing requirements, electrical connections, and the location of your bathroom fixtures when selecting a suitable model.
Modern Toilet Seats!
Japan is a land of advancements, and this can be seen in the toilet seats that they have. I hope you enjoyed this list of the best toilet seats that are designed to make your toilet experience luxurious.
Get these today and you shall know why all the best Japanese toilet seat is different from the traditional toilet seats!
Erika is the main author of the website. She is obsessed with Japanese products and always looks for an opportunity to share her love for Japanese products with everybody around her! She combined her love for writing, research and testing products to create Best Japanese Products. When she’s not reviewing latest Japanese products, you’ll find her pampering her cats. Erika is the definition of ‘The Crazy Cat Lady’.
Check out the Best Japanese toilet seat which is curated for you to get the best ones. Also, don't forget to check out Toto SW2034-01 which is the best Japanese toilet seat because of its technology, budget and also comfort.
Product SKU: 90903890302
Product Brand: Toto
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 328.97
Price Valid Until: 2022
Product In-Stock: InStock
- Adjustable warm water and pressure settings
- SoftClose heated seat and air deodorizer
- PREMIST feature and EWATER+ wand cleaning
- Requires a nearby electrical outlet
- Possible installation complications
- Some unevenness due to missing pads