Keep your lunch fresh and hot for hours with the best Japanese thermal lunch box. Most of them are even microwave safe so you can heat it up at your workplace.
Gone are the days when people would pack their lunch in a brown bag to keep it fresh. These days, it is time for innovative thermal bento lunch boxes. A thermal lunch box helps keep your food fresh when you finally sit down to have your lunch. It also keeps your food at the right temperature for several hours.
I love the fact that I can quickly reheat it at my office. And since most Japanese lunch boxes have multiple compartments like a bento box – it’s also great for portion control. So my lunch contains a little of everything.
Best Japanese Thermal Lunch Box — Quick Summary
|Best Japanese Thermal Lunch Box||Link|
|Original BentoHeaven Bento Box||View On Amazon|
|Japanese Landscape Insulated Lunch Box||View On Amazon|
|Insulated Bento Box with Divider||View On Amazon|
|Zojirushi Stainless Steel Vacuum Lunch Jar||View On Amazon|
|Komax Lunchmate Bento Lunch Box with Insulated Bag||View On Amazon|
|Mr. Dakai Thermal Lunch Box||View On Amazon|
|Japanese Thermal Lunch Box with Handle||View On Amazon|
|Zojirushi Thermal Insulation Lunch Box||View On Amazon|
|YBOBK HOME Bento Box with Insulated Bag||View On Amazon|
If you have kids, Japanese thermal lunch boxes are a great option for kids to take to school as well.
The best Japanese Thermal Lunch box helps keep your food fresh for hours until you are ready to devour it. There are so many options and styles to buy from, choosing from which can be a daunting task. To help you, we have compiled a list of the best Japanese thermal lunch boxes, which we are sure you will love.
- Related: Best Japanese Bento Box
Continue reading to check out some of the best ones out there:
Top Japanese Thermal Lunch Box
Original BentoHeaven Bento Box
The first best Japanese thermal lunch box is the BentoHaven Bento box. This is one of the most classic Japanese lunch boxes that look classy, sophisticated, and high end.
Despite all of that, the lunch box is highly affordable and convenient. It has a modern, minimalistic design that looks uber-stylish. The airtight design makes it leak-proof, keeping your lunchtime mess-free. The airtight design also keeps the food fresh for longer.
I love this thermal lunch box as it’s free of chemicals and doesn’t change the taste of food. I also like it because of it’s minimalistic design that gives me the feel of Japan.
The box is safe to use in the microwave, dishwasher, and freezer. You can also prepare your meals in advance and freeze them in the lunch box. When it is time to eat, simply pop it inside the microwave.
The heating time is considerably reduced in this lunch box, thanks to the silicone sealed lids and ventilation caps.
- Classy, sophisticated, and high-end lunch box that comes at an affordable price
- Modern, minimalistic design that looks stylish
- Leakproof, so you can eat without making a mess at the desk
- Keeps food fresh for longer
- Safe to use in microwave, freezer, and dishwasher
- Reduced heating time because of the silicone sealed lids and ventilation caps
- Material: 9/10
- Insulation: 9/10
- Design: 8.5/10
- Affordability: 9.5/10
Japanese Landscape Insulated Lunch Box
This is one of the best Japanese thermal lunch box out there. Usually, it is difficult for lunch boxes to be completely insulated, whether it is made of metal, wood, or plastic. However, this lunch box overcomes that and ensures proper insulation for your food.
This lunch box has insulated walls and is quite compact and easy to carry. Any cold food item that you keep inside it will remain very cool for a much longer time than what you would get with other lunch boxes. This feature sets it apart from the rest.
The only downside that I found in this lunch box is that you can’t really keep unpacked food as it’s just the cover so you’ll need to buy something for the inside. Otherwise I like this one to keep soft drink cans etc.
The simple lunch box does not have any fancy compartments; it is what you would call a traditional lunch box. The insulated walls are what make this lunch box so alluring.
- One of the best insulated Japanese lunch boxes out there
- Comes with insulated walls
- Keeps cold meals colder for a much longer time than in other lunch boxes
- Simple yet innovative lunch box
- Material: 7.5/10
- Insulation: 9.5/10
- Design: 9.5/10
- Affordability: 9/10
Insulated Bento Box with Divider
This compact bento box is a great innovation as it is easy and convenient to carry. This makes it one of the best Japanese thermal lunch boxes. It has an airtight and leak-proof design that prevents spillage and mess.
It also keeps your food fresh for a long time. It also comes with an adjustable divider that lets you control your portions. The vent hole is adjustable and locks in all the freshness of the food.
The box is durable and safe to use in the microwave, dishwasher, and freezer. Oh, this Japanese thermos lunch box is my favourite because of its look and also how well it keeps the food safe in it. It’s durable which is another great thing I found as I have had this Japanese insulated lunch bag for a while now.
- Easy and convenient to carry
- Airtight container that keeps the freshness locked in for a long time
- Comes with an adjustable divider that lets you portion your meals
- Adjustable vent hole maintains the freshness of the food
- Safe for microwave, dishwasher, and freezer
- Material: 9.5/10
- Insulation: 9.5/10
- Design: 9.5/10
- Affordability: 8.5/10
Zojirushi Stainless Steel Vacuum Lunch Jar
This is yet another insulated lunch box that comes with three food jars that are meant for both hot and cold food. This best Japanese thermal lunch box has a vacuum-insulated stainless steel construction that keeps your food warm. Additionally, it comes with a carrying bag that makes it convenient for you to carry it.
All the lunch bowls are microwavable and come in three different sizes, perfect for your different portions. It is a great lunch box that maintains the temperature of your food until you are ready to eat. Definitely one of the best Japanese thermal lunch box.
- Insulated lunch box that comes with three food bowls
- The bowls are microwavable and come in different sizes
- Vacuum-insulated stainless steel construction that keeps food warm
- Comes with a carrying bag for convenience
- Maintains the temperature of your food
Komax Lunchmate Bento Lunch Box with Insulated Bag
This is a compact lunch box that comes with its own carrying bag, making it convenient for you to travel with it. This best Japanese thermal lunch box is designed like a bento box and comes with two boxes and a separate box that includes chopsticks. The containers are leakproof and keep you from creating a mess.
The bag that it comes with is what steals the show; it is an insulated bag that is specially designed to maintain the temperature of the food. It helps keep the food warm and cold, depending on what you are carrying. The boxes are freezer and microwave safe.
- Compact lunch box bundle that comes with its own carrying case
- Designed like a bento box
- Comes with two leak proof boxes and a separate box containing chopsticks
- The bag is insulated and helps keep food hot or cold
- Boxes are freezer and microwave safe
Mr. Dakai Thermal Lunch Box
This is quite a large lunch box that has three boxes that can be used individually or stacked together. The pretty pastel shades look appealing, but it is actually the innovation that breaks the deal.
This best Japanese thermal lunch box kit is leakproof and insulated, keeping your food warm or cold for about three hours. The bag that comes along with it is also insulated, so if you use it in conjunction with the boxes, the effect is much better.
- Large lunch box with three stackable lunch boxes in pretty pastel shades
- Boxes can be stacked to create a layer or used individually
- Leak proof and insulated boxes
- Comes with an insulated carrying bag
- Keeps food warm or cold for hours
Japanese Thermal Lunch Box with Handle
This is a two-layer thermal lunch box that is made from stainless steel. It is non-toxic and odorless. Also, the design and the material make it a durable and sturdy option. This best Japanese thermal lunch box is designed with a handle, to make it easy for you to carry it around. The insulated lunch box can keep your food warm for up to seven hours. Isn’t that a great deal?
The pretty finish and the stylish design makes this lunch box a desirable option.
- Two-layer thermal lunch box made from stainless steel
- Non-toxic and odorless
- Durable and sturdy design
- Designed with a handle to make it convenient to carry
- Insulated lunch box keeps food warm for up to seven hours
- Pretty and beautiful finish
Zojirushi Thermal Insulation Lunch Box
Although very affordable, this lunch box is a pretty great option for kids and adults alike. The insulated lunch boxes come in vibrant colors and you also get chopsticks in a container. This best Japanese thermal lunch box set comes with three boxes that are great for carrying a variety of items.
It comes with a lunch bag that is again, very vibrant and colorful. The bag can also be used as a placemat, making it a versatile item. It is also very easy to clean. Your food will remain hot for up to six hours.
- Affordable and pretty lunch box set
- Comes with three vibrant and insulated lunch box
- It also comes with chopsticks and its container
- Colorful carrying bag that also works as a placemat
- Food remains hot for up to six hours
YBOBK HOME Bento Box with Insulated Bag
This is again a great option for an insulated lunch box. The interior of the box is made from high-quality stainless steel that is BPA-free. It also never rusts or retains flavors or scents. The lid of this best Japanese thermal lunch box lunch box has a heavy-duty silicone seal that prevents leakage or spillage. It comes with an insulated bag that is made of felt fabric and the interior is lined with food-grade aluminum foil.
- Lunch boxes are made of high-quality stainless steel
- Never rusts or retain scents or flavors
- Lid comes with a heavy-duty silicone seal that prevents food from leaking or spilling
- Insulated carrying bag that keeps food hot or cold
Which Bento Boxes are perfect for portion control?
Bento boxes are usually small and are meant for controlled portions of a large number of items. However, having reviewed several Japanese bento boxes the Komax Lunchmate Bento Lunch Box Kit is the best bento box for portion control, and here’s why:
The Komax lunch mate Bento Lunchmate box kit features two compartments. The upper compartment further features two more compartments that can fit inside the box. Since this bento box comes with multiple sizes of compartments, it’s a great option for portion control. You can have a mix of food items in your lunch box in decent-sized portions. It also contains chopsticks and compartments and is microwave-safe so it’s convenient to reheat food as well.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Right Thermal Lunch Box
- Material: Material matters a lot as your food is going to be kept in the lunch box which will later be consumed by you. Don’t choose a plastic or ceramic lunch boxes as they’re not able to keep the lunch hot for long hours. Insulated stainless steel lunch boxes are best to go for.
- Insulation: The entire point of getting a thermal lunch box is to keep your food warm so check for insulation of the box before buying. Check for lunch boxes that can keep your lunch boxes in the retainable temperature at least for 4-5 hours.
- Free of chemicals and anti-bacterial: As the food will be consumed by you so make sure it’s free of chemicals and has antibacterial properties that won’t harm your food and can be kept for a long period of time.
Micro-wave friendly: You’d like to heat your food before eating so make sure it’s microwave safe.
Best Japanese Thermal Lunch Box: FAQs
Which material is best for bento boxes?
Bento boxes are made of various materials, including plastic, stainless steel, and bamboo. When looking for the best material, the important factor to look at is that it is food-safe and is durable enough to be carried around.
Are all Bento boxes airtight and leakproof?
Most bento boxes are airtight and leakproof, keeping the liquids safe from leaking and spilling everywhere.
Are thermal lunch boxes safe to carry food?
Thermal lunch boxes are used to keep food warm or cold. Most thermal boxes are safe to carry food and are approved by FDA. You can ensure it’s safe by checking if the thermal boxes are free of chemicals and is antibacterial.
The best lunch box to make lunchtime enjoyable!
With this, we come to the end of this fresh journey. We hope you enjoyed the ride into the world of the best Japanese lunch boxes and found a beautiful thermal lunch box that would be your partner every day. Happy lunching!
Erika is the main author of the website. She is obsessed with Japanese products and always looks for an opportunity to share her love for Japanese products with everybody around her! She combined her love for writing, research and testing products to create Best Japanese Products. When she’s not reviewing latest Japanese products, you’ll find her pampering her cats. Erika is the definition of ‘The Crazy Cat Lady’.
Original BentoHeaven Bento Box
Here are the best Japanese thermal lunch boxes that will keep your food warm till you're ready to have it!
Product SKU: 009854OUG52210
Product Brand: BentoHeaven
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 26.45
Price Valid Until: 2022
Product In-Stock: InStock