Troubled with hair loss? Here are the top 10 best Japanese shampoos for hair loss for you to choose from. The most popular hair loss shampoo in Japan is the Shiseido Super Mild shampoo packed with hair nourishing ingredients. Check out detailed reviews of Japanese shampoos for hair loss that promote hair growth and reduce hair fall!
I have always struggled with hair fall so I went on the internet to check out the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss. And I and a few of my friends tried it out and I must say none of us were disappointed. So if you have hair loss problems then definitely give one of these best Japanese shampoos for hair loss a try!
Best Japanese Shampoos for Hair Loss: Quick Summary
|Best Japanese Shampoos For Hair Loss||Best For||Key Ingredients|
|Angfa Scalp D For Men – Best Japanese Shampoos For Hair Loss for men||Oily Scalp||Iris florentina root extract, S oy milk ferment filtrate|
|Shiseido Super Mild Shampoo||Sensitive Scalp||Double super moist vitamin E, Chamomilla flower extract, Rosemary extract|
|NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Repair Shampoo||Frizzy Hair||Bamboo Stem Cells, Antioxidant-rich oil blend, Smart Keratin|
|ICHIKAMI Smooth And Sleek Shampoo||Chemically treated hair||Rice bran oil|
|Lebel Cosmetics Natural Hair Shampoo||Sensitive scalp||Seaweed extract, Soy lecithin, Chamomile|
|Komenuka Bijin Moisturizing Hair Shampoo||Colored hair||Rice bran, Swertia herb, blend of Japanese botanicals, aloe, coconut, seaweed, Miyamizu spring water, Ginseng|
|Kunoma Horse Oil Shampoo||Dry Scalp||Argan oil|
|Shiseido Volume Touch Shampoo||Dull hair||Camellia oil extract|
|Shiseido’s Tsubaki Extra Moist Shampoo||Brittle Hair||Camellia oil extract|
|Adenogen Scalp Care Shampoo||Oily Scalp||Adenosine (medicinal ingredients),|
I know many people who do not think twice about the shampoo they are using because ultimately, our only goal is to have clean hair when we walk out of the house. No matter how well you style your hair if you don’t take care of your hair, you’re going to have bad hair days!
This ignorance when it comes to choosing the right shampoo and hair conditioner depending on your hair and scalp type, aggravated by today’s environmental conditions, can really take a toll on our hair health.
- Related: Best Japanese Shampoos for Men!
- Related: Best Japanese Hair Oil
- Related: Best Japanese Hair Growth Tonic
My hair has lost its lovely texture and smoothness. This resulted in a lot of hair loss, which alarmed me and got me set to find the perfect solution for different hair problems. We spend so much of our time following a ritual for our skin but when it comes to hair, we tend to forget that it too requires some care.
While there are so many serums, hair tonics, and massage creams available in the market, sometimes we need to go back to the basics – shampoos. After days of research, I have finally found some of the best Japanese shampoos available in the market for hair loss. These hair loss shampoos in Japan prevent hair loss and promote hair growth while also giving you the added shine and smoothness.
Read on to find some of the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss that we are sure you will find to be extremely beneficial for your problem.
Best Japanese Shampoos For Hair Loss
#1 — Angfa Scalp D For Men – Best Japanese Shampoos For Hair Loss in Men
The first one on this list of best Japanese shampoos for hair loss is by Aangfa.
When we talk of shampoos, we almost always talk about shampoos for women. However, Angfa Scalp D is one of the most popular Japanese shampoos for hair loss for men. There is a very good reason why this is one of the most preferred brands of shampoo for hair loss by men in Japan.
It is an affordable hair loss shampoo in Japan that is high in quality and does its job very well. The shampoo products of Angfa were developed by 19 doctors who worked to get the best brand out there for men. The Japanese shampoo for hairloss is a result of detailed research. And is one of the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss for men.
Angfa Scalp D has a wide range of options available to cater to your different needs. This Japanese shampoo for hair loss in Japan come for those with oily as well as dry skin. The hair loss shampoo in Japan is also free of parabens, minerals, and alcohol, which makes it a great choice for your hair.
Hands down, one of the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss for men! It provides your hair with the luster, shine, and health that it deserves.
#2 — Shiseido Super Mild Shampoo And Conditioner – Top Anti Hairfall Japanese Shampoo 2020
The next one on this list of best Japanese shampoos for hair loss is by the Japanese skin and hair care giant Shiseido! Shiseido products are popular all over the world for its quality.
Japanese shampoo Shiseido super mild shampoo is one of the most popular anti hairfall shampoo in Japan, and for a good reason.
The mild formulation of the Japanese shampoo for hair loss and conditioner ensures that your hair feels healthy, hydrated, and free from those pesky tangles. It cleans your hair without stripping it off of all the natural oils.
This hair loss shampoo in Japan helps your hair regain its health, shine, and smoothness. The double super moist Vitamin E present in the shampoo and conditioner protects the hair from fizziness and dryness.
If your hair is persistently affected by dandruff, this shampoo is a great choice for you since it helps keep dandruff at bay. It also helps restore the natural health of your hair.
The creamy lather of the shampoo gently washes and cleans your hair whereas the conditioner has a cuticle protector that locks in all the essential nutrients to keep your hair healthy. The protection AMT present in the product prevents the nutrients from flowing out of the hair when washing it.
Since it is a mild product, it does not have a very strong scent making it a perfect choice for those who do not like the overpowering scent of shampoos or those who have a sensitive scalp.
This is one of the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss brands!
- A mild shampoo for normal hair
- Hair becomes hydrated and healthy
- Reduces dandruff and dryness of the scalp
- Conditions with cuticle protector
- Leaves hair smooth and tangle-free
- Some people don’t like its smell
#3 — NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Repair Shampoo and Conditioner – Best Sulfate Free Shampoo Japan
The next one on this list of best Japanese shampoos for hair loss is by NatureLab Tokyo.
This is a Japanese hair loss shampoo and conditioner set that is a bestseller and is the answer to Japanese hair growth secrets. It is perfect for both virgin and color-treated hair. It is definitely one of the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss.
This damage ending set helps strengthen and protect weak strands. The ingredients that are a part of this shampoo and conditioner set helps to provide your hair with the maximum care that it deserves and needs.
The product has Smart Keratin that helps provide additional protection to the hair and helps strengthen the deepest layers of the hair. It also has stem cells derived from bamboo that helps increase the lifespan of your hair’s growth cycle, making it strong.
The argan oil and prickly pear present in the shampoo help protect the hair against pollution, harmful UV rays, free-radical damage, and environmental damage.
Both the shampoo and conditioner are free of parabens, minerals, gluten, sulfate, and other harsh chemicals making it a healthy choice for your hair. This brand is one of my favorites and this particular product is one of the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss!
- No Mineral Oil
- Paraben Free
- Gluten Free
- Contains botanical ingredients
- Not for Color treated Hair
#4 — ICHIKAMI Smooth And Sleek Shampoo – Best Japanese Hair Treatment Products
The next one on this list of best Japanese shampoos for hair loss is by Ichikami.
ICHIKAMI shampoo is a great choice if you are looking for something that helps prevent hair breakage and nourish your hair. It provides natural oils that give you healthy and nourished hair.
This the best shampoo for hair loss in Japan for those looking for natural ingredients such as rice bran extracts, Japonica seed oil, rice germ oil, and rice extracts. All of these natural ingredients help provide nourishment to your hair and to make it silky and healthy.
ICHIKAMI anti hair fall Japanese shampoo creates a fine and gentle foam that cleans the hair and repairs hair friction.
The foam helps repair damage and gives your hair a smooth and sleek finish. This Japanese shampoo for hair loss is also free from silicone, which is great for your hair. You definitely have to this best Japanese shampoos for hair loss!
- Synthetic fragrance-free formula
- Gentle enough for daily use, but strong enough to keep your hair healthy
- It’s sulfate-free so it doesn’t strip the scalp of its natural moisture
- Bit expensive
#5 — Lebel Cosmetics Natural Hair Shampoo – Best Anti Hairfall Shampoo In Japan
The next one on this list of best Japanese shampoos for hair loss is by Lebel Cosmetics
Natural ingredients are the answer if you are looking for extra care for your hair. This is the best shampoo for hair loss in Japan from Lebel cosmetics is an effective and natural solution no matter what your hair type is.
This hair loss shampoo in Japan has seaweed extracts, which is extremely good for the hair due to its moisturizing properties. The seaweed extracts nourish the hair and locks in moisture to make it healthy and shiny.
Other ingredients in the shampoo include acidic soap surfactant base, wheat, and egg. All of these ingredients help to strengthen the hair and remove toxins and dirt from your scalp.
It deep cleans your scalp and hair. This shampoo, unlike all the others available in the market, has SPF 15 formula, which provides a layer of protection against the harmful rays of the sun.
Due to the mild formula of this shampoo, you can use this to wash your hair daily. It’s very mild and perfect for sensitive hair! Definitely one of the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss!
- Suitable for all hair types
- Keeps hair hydrated
- Makes hair soft and shiny
- Pleasant fragrance
- Contains parabens
#6 — Komenuka Bijin Moisturizing Hair Shampoo – Best Japanese Shampoo 2020
The next one on this list of best Japanese shampoos for hair loss is by very popular hair care brand – Komenuka Bijin
This Japanese shampoo for hair loss by Komenuka Bijin is a popular hair care product that comes with a special formula that helps strengthen your hair and make it shiny and healthy. It also helps moisturize the hair.
This shampoo is the first choice of several celebrities. The shampoo has a concentrated amount of natural antioxidants that have been derived from rice bran. It also has ginseng and seaweed extracts, which are known to be extremely beneficial to the hair.
These natural ingredients help promote hair growth, prevent breakage, and improve the shine and texture of the hair. You can see the difference in your hair in just two weeks. Get ready to find your hair waving with shine, luster, and strength.
This Japanese shampoo for hair loss shampoo is also perfect for color-treated hair since it prevents color from fading away and helps you maintain that vibrant shade. Also, since there are no parabens, it is safe for those with sensitive skin.
Check out the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss by Komenuka Bijin below!
- Natural ingredients
- No sulfates and parabens
- Deep scalp cleanse
- Not color safe
#7 — Kunoma Horse Oil Shampoo
The next one on this list of best Japanese shampoos for hair loss is by Kunoma.
This is most probably the most unique shampoo available in Japan. This shampoo comes with an ingredient that’s surprising and quite different from what we would expect in a shampoo.
The unique ingredient that makes this shampoo unusual and special is horse oil. This oil is quite similar to human sebum and is said to have excellent properties that are perfect for our hair. Horse oil is said to help hair become smoother and silkier and is the best option for people with thin hair.
Horse oil is quite a common ingredient in Japan, even though it might be quite new for everyone else around the world. Japanese have been using this oil to treat rough skin, wounds, and damaged hair.
This magic ingredient causes fewer tangles and knots in your hair. It also keeps your scalp moisturized for longer – thanks to its absorbent properties.
One of the most important benefits of horse oil is that it promotes and improves blood circulation by reaching deep into the scalp.
Other than horse oil, this Japanese shampoo has Tsubaki oil and seaweed extract, both of which promote silkiness and smoothness. This is the best Tsubaki shampoo for frizzy hair! In fact, this shampoo is as good as using Japanese hair growth supplements, you should definitely give this one a try!
Check out this best Japanese shampoos for hair loss by Kunoma below!
- Stimulate blood circulation
- Suitable for various skin conditions
- Dilate blood vessels
- Low-quality shampoo bottle
#8 — Shiseido Volume Touch Shampoo – Best Japanese Shampoos For Hair Loss
The next one on this list best Japanese shampoos for hair loss is by Shiseido one of the best skincare and hair care brands in Japan!
This is a shampoo for those who have limp and lifeless hair. This volume touch shampoo from Shiseido helps add volume to your dull hair and make it bouncy.
The shampoo has ingredients such as Tsubaki or Camelia extract that helps make your hair silky and smooth with every wash.
This is a great shampoo for those with limp and dull hair. You can try this shampoo if you are trying to regain some bounce and texture.
Another one of the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss from the same brand you should also give a try is Shiseido Aqua Intensive Hair Care Shampoo – works like a charm!
#9 — Shisheido’s Tsubaki Extra Moist Shampoo
Here’s another one of the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss by Shiseido. Specially formulated for dry, brittle, and dull hai, this Japanese shampoo is packed with natural oils that is easily absorbed by the scalp and hair. It nourishes your scalp and hair leaving your hair feather-soft to touch.
The shampoo is formulated with Tsubaki flowers that is rich in linoleic acid and oleic acid which is known to have hair-nourishing properties.
Check out the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss by Shiseido below!
- Suitable for dry and flat hair
- Makes hair silky smooth
- Pleasant fragrance
- Pump dispenser
- Lathers well
- May irritate a sensitive scalp
#10 — Adenogen Scalp Care Shampoo
The next one on this list of best Japanese shampoos for hair loss is the Adenogen Scalp Care by Shiseido. This is one of the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss for oily skin type.
The shampoo is formulated to improve hair elasticity and add volume to your hair. It’s formulated with a medicating ingredient called Adenosine MP that is known to improve the health of your hair in general.
The shampoo has a citrusy fragrance so this is a good option to keep scalp odor away. But if you have dry skin, get the Adenogen Scalp Care for dry scalp to tackle dry hair and scalp issues.
Check out the best Japanese shampoos for hair loss by Adenogen below!
#11 — Cosmeist &honey Shampoo And Conditioner
This best Japanese shampoo for hair loss is formulated with three different types of honey – 50% Manuka honey from New Zealand, 30% Acacia honey from Hungary, and 20% raw Japanese honey.
The formula also contains the goodness of argon oil and royal jelly extracts to maintain the moisture.
The formula is designed to hydrate your hair and to add lustre and improve the texture of your hair.
Oshima Tsubaki Premium Shampoo
Oshima Tsubaki Premium Shampoo uses camellia oil to remove toxins from the hair and scalp. It contains camellia flower extract for moisturizing, camellia leaf extract for anti-inflammatory, and camellia ceramide for hair repair.
It is made up of camellia leaf extract, camellia oil, and three other camellia-derived products. Camellia flower is used as a moisturizer, camellia teramide as a hair repair agent, and camellia ceramide is used as an anti-inflammatory agent. This product’s organic formula ensures it’s suitable for all hair types and textures.
Which is the best Japanese shampoo for hair loss?
We tested several Japanese shampoos for hair loss to find the best one. We tested them based on cleansing power, ingredients, application. We found that Shiseido Super Mild shampoo is the best Japanese shampoo for hair loss.
Shiseido Super Mild shampoo is suitable for most hair types suffering from hair loss. Since yhis shampoo has a mild formula, it doesn’t disturb the natural oils in the scalp and hair that can lead to increase in hair loss. Shiseido Super Mild shampoo contains double super-moist Vitamin E that provides the hair strands and scalp with intense moisturization to prevent frizziness and dry hair.
Best Shampoos For Hair Loss From Japan: FAQs
What Japanese shampoo should I use for my hair falling out?
If your hair is falling out, one of the best Japanese shampoo for hair loss to use is Angfa Scalp D For Men and Shiseido Super Mild Shampoo And Conditioner for women. Both brands are one of the top Japanese shampoo brands.
Do Japanese shampoos help with hair loss?
Japanese anti hair fall shampoo like NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Repair Shampoo is known to help with hair loss and is one of the best Japanese shampoos in the market. Both the shampoo and conditioner are free of parabens, minerals, gluten, sulfate, and other harsh chemicals making it a healthy choice for your hair.
What is the best Japanese shampoo?
One of the best Japanese shampoo is Komenuka Bijin Moisturizing Hair Shampoo. The shampoo contains natural antioxidants derived from rice bran, ginseng and seaweed extracts (known to be extremely beneficial to the hair). These natural ingredients help promote hair growth, prevent breakage, and improve the shine and texture of the hair.
Where to buy Japanese shampoos?
You can find a variety of Japanese shampoos to choose from on Amazon so you can easily place your order sitting anywhere in the world. If you’re in Japan you can buy Japanese shampoo from the local drugstores or from stores like Don Quijote or other beauty shops in Japan.
How to choose Japanese shampoo for hair loss?
Here’s a guide to help you choose a Japanese hair loss shampoo that suits you best. There are four main things you should consider:
- Hair type and hair quality
- Cause of hair loss
- Hair Type and Quality
Japanese beauty products are usually formulated to tackle a specific problem or are formulated for a particular type of skin or hair. And it’s the same with Japanese shampoos. Japanese shampoos are formulated for specific hair types and concerns as different ingredients are required to manage and solve different types of hair and hair problems, respectively.
If you have an oily scalp and hair then using a Japanese shampoo formulated for dry scalp and hair can worsen your condition and vice versa. Similarly, if you have curly hair and you choose a Japanese shampoo meant for straight hair, it will do you no good in help managing your curls.
What type of Japanese shampoo suits which hair type?
- Curly hair
Curly hair can be quite difficult to tame. When compared to other hair types, curly hair tends to lose moisture sooner and get dry fast. Which leads to frizzy hair hair too. So if you have curly hair and experiencing hair loss then you should look for a Japanese shampoo for hair loss that’s high in moisturizing ingredients and conditioning agents.
- Thin or Fine Hair
If you have naturally fine hair then that means you have more ‘hair strands’ per sq. cm of your scalp. Each hair strand is attached to a sebaceous gland (oil glands). Which means that if you have naturally fine hair then your scalp produces more oils than other hair types or textures.
Basically, if you have naturally fine hair then your scalp gets greasier sooner cause more oils are released. To deal with this, you should opt for a Japanese shampoo for hair loss that doesn’t contain silicone.
Silicone is not all that bad. It’s just that side effect that comes with it is far more harmful. Silicone is known for forming a protective layer around your hair strands and keep moisture out thus preventing frizzy hair. But at the same time silicone throws out the existing moisture and natural oils in your hair and scalp.
Now I know you’re thinking… ‘Isn’t that a good thing since naturally fine hair is also naturally oily?’
Well, it’s not entirely good because as the silicone strips your hair of moisture and natural oils, your scalp can go into an overdrive and produce more oil to balance it out. This can obviously cause more harm than good.
So what to Japanese shampoo to choose instead?
If you have naturally fine hair look for Japanese shampoos that can help control the excess oil using natural ingredients without completely stripping your scalp and hair off moisture and oils. Make sure that the Japanese shampoo also has natural moisturizing ingredients that will help maintain the moisture in your hair and scalp.
- Oily Hair
For those of you who always seem to have oily hair. I’d give you somewhat similar advice as a naturally fine hair type. Look for shampoos that don’t contain harsh cleaning agents and silicone. This will only pus your scalp to go on an overdrive.
Instead, look for natural ingredients that gently clean your scalp without completely stripping off your scalp and hair of moisture and natural oils. Look for ingredients that will help regulate the oil production in your scalp.
Make sure to massage your scalp with the shampoo for slightly longer in order to break the oils and rinse. When applying conditioner stay away from the roots and only apply the conditioner from the mid-shaft to your hair tips.
- Dry Hair
If you have dry hair, first figure out why you have dry hair. There could be multiple causes for this – using too much heat or hair styling products, coloring your hair often, or simply cause you’re doomed to have dry hair, i.e., genes!
For dry hair, look for Japanese shampoos that have hydrating and moisturizing agents that won’t weigh your hair down. Also consider avoiding the use of heat on your hair. Another ingredient to definitely avoid is sulfates. This is a cleaning agent present in your shampoo that worsens the condition of dry hair.
If you regularly use hair straighteners or curling irons, reduce it or stop altogether cause no matter how good your shampoo is, heat will damage your hair.
- Color Treated Hair or Damaged hair
If you have colored or dyed your hair then it’s very important you choose a Japanese shampoo that’s formulated to protect colored hair. This will ensure that your hair color lasts longer. Look for conditioning agents that will provide your hair with the protection it needs.
Now I know reading ingredients label on a shampoo is not as simple and easy as it sounds. But you know what is easy? Googling the ingredients you don’t understand on your smartphone.
The ingredients you read on the label have long, complicated names so just google them and you’ll get an idea what it is. You’ll also know if it’s good or bad for your hair loss.
To make things easier, I’m going to list the ingredients you should look for in your Japanese hair fall shampoo as well as avoid.
Ingredients to avoid when choosing a Japanese shampoo for hair loss:
- Silicone: We already spoke about how silicone is good and bad for you but mostly bad. To give you a summary, silicone forms a protective layer around your hair strands and repels mixture and natural oils thus making your hair and scalp dry and may cause your scalp to go into an overdrive with the oil production.
- Sulfates: Sulfates are a cleaning agent. In fact, it’s because of sulfate that your shampoo lathers as you work it in your scalp. While sulfates help remove oils and impurities from your hair and scalp, it also strips off the natural moisture and oils from your oils and scalp. Which can again lead to dry and dull hair. Having said that, not all sulfate shampoos are bad. If you have excessively oily scalp, you can use a gentle Japanese shampoo with sulfate, maybe, once a week.
- Parabens: While i’m still tolerant with sulfates, parabens are a clear no-no! Steer clear from shampoos with parabens. This is a preservative ingredient that allows the product to last longer and keep it stabilised. But it causes a lot of damage to your scalp and hair. It is also said that parabens can be cancerous as it can get absorbed through your scalp.
- Phthalates: So phthalates are all sorts of bad news. To give you a clear picture, this ingredient is used in plastics! Phthalates are used to reduce brittleness or stiffness in products. This allows the products to be more flexible and usable. Phthalates can be labeled as fragrance as it’s used as perfume fixatives in many hair care products.
But why are phthalates so bad for your hair?
According to research, phthalates disrupt our hormonal systems and reproductive function. It is also observed that Phthalates are the reason for increase and spread in breast tumor cells. So steer clear of shampoos that list dimethylphthalate (DMP), dibutylphthalate (DBP), or diethylphthalate (DEP).
- Artificial colorants: Artificial colorants are added to give shampoo a more appealing color. Honestly, I don’t understand why manufacturers do this. I mean will I not use a shampoo if it’s a certain color even though it’s good for my hair? This is like choosing your friends based on their skin color (ugh!) Artificial colorants can block your pores or even be absorbed into your skin. This can trigger unwanted reactions like acne, especially if you have a sensitive scalp.
- Petroleum: Petroleum has been used in hair care products for ages – why is it suddenly bad? Petroleum is both good and bad. Petroleum can help lock in moisture but can also clog your pores which can interfere with the hair growth cycle.
- Propylene Glycol: This ingredient in shampoos is often used as preservative or fragrance. But it’s pretty toxic as it can cause an allergic reaction. So it’s best to stay away from this ingredient as well.
Good ingredients to look for in your shampoo for hair loss
When choosing a Japanese shampoo for hair loss, it’s best to look for a shampoo that can solve your problem using natural, pure and organic ingredients. Here are some good ingredients you should look for:
- Pumpkin seed oil, rosemary oil and green tea extract: These natural ingredients are great for promoting hair growth.
- Naturally derived salicylic acid from wintergreen, Activated charcoal: These natural ingredients promote hair growth by getting rid of impurities that maybe clogging your pores
- Keratin: This ingredient is known to form a protective coat around your hair strands and lock in moisture and strengthen your hair. It also adds volume to your hair
- Biotine, Rice protein, collagen, zinc, gluco-omega bond: The primary function of these ingredients is to strengthen your hair.
- Grapeseed oil: Essential oils like grapeseed oils are rich in antioxidants. Essential oils are known to reduce inflammation and scalp irritation
- Shea butter: I’m sure you’ve heard about this ingredient and it’s present in a lot of skincare products as well. Shea butter is a natural moisturizing ingredient in your shampoo and is extremely beneficial to your hair and scalp.
- Mint: Mint is great for your scalp as it is a natural antimicrobial and antifungal ingredient. It also contains high amounts of carotene and antioxidants.So if you have dandruff or other such scalp issue then mint in your new BFF.
- Ginger: Ginger is another natural ingredient that promotes hair growth as it improves the blood circulation to your scalp and stimulates the hair follicles. It is also rich in fatty acids that are extremely beneficial for thin hair. Other than this, ginger also has natural antiseptic properties which helps keep dandruff at bay!
Basically, our team of skincare and hair experts at Best Japanese Products suggest that and I quote:
“If you’re dealing with hair loss, always opt for shampoos that can help you solve this problem by using natural ingredients like green tea extracts, essential oils, ginger, mint, and natural moisturizing agents like shea butter.”Dr. Sara Cee, Hair Care Expert and Consultant at Best Japanese Products
Scents or Artificial Fragrances – Avoid shampoos with artificial fragrances. These ingredients can cause irritation in your scalp. Since most Japanese shampoos are formulated with plant-based ingredients, Japanese shampoos for hair loss will usually have fruity or floral fragrances. So choose a Japanese shampoo for hair loss depending on your taste (or should I say smell lol)
- Understand Cause of Hair Loss before selecting a Japanese shampoo
There are so many reasons you could be currently facing hair loss e stress, hormonal changes due to pregnancy, side effects of some medication, diet, and more.
Some other reasons you could be facing hair loss is dandruff, using heat styling products, weak hair roots, oily scalp, certain hair dye chemicals, and more. Our hair care experts at Best Japanese Products say that its normal to lose about 100 strands of hair per day.
But if you suddenly notice your hair falling out in clumps, bald spots, or patchiness – you need to visit your doctor.
So before choosing a Japanese shampoo for hair loss, understand the root cause of your hair loss so you can tackle the problem with the right shampoo and ingredients:
Here are certain things you should look out for depending on your hair problem:
- Dandruff or itchy scalp: One of the most common reasons for dandruff or itchy scalp is because of product buildup. Other reasons could also be because of dry skin or some other medical reason. Using a Japanese shampoo that will maintain the natural moisture and oils in your scalp and hair while deeply cleaning the product builup. If this doesn’t work then visit your doctor to figure out what’s causing the dandruff.
- Damaged Hair: Weathering, excessive use of heat tools, hair coloring or dyeing, over brushing – all these can cause damage to your hair that can lead to frizzy hair and split ends. To bring back life into your hair can take a lot of time and effort. But using a Japanese shampoo formulated with moisturizing ingredients, nutrients for hair, conditioning agents, healing oils, and antioxidants can help damaged hair.
There are so many Japanese hair loss shampoos to choose from. But don’t choose your shampoo by simply reading what the product claims on their packaging or adverts. Please make sure that you read Japanese hair fall shampoo reviews. This way you’ll know if the shampoo hold true to what it promises!
Haircare Bonus Tip: “If you’ve been experiencing hair loss due to product build up, apply a mint and ginger detoxifying hair mask”
You can make this easily at home. The ingredients you need are:
- A bing chunk of ginger
- 2 lemons
- Mint leaves
How to make this hair mask at home:
- Blend the ginger, lemon, and mint leaves together using a blender.
- Use a strainer to strain out the pulp.
- Mix some water to the remaining liquid. You can anywhere from 2 tbsp to 2 cups of water, depending on how concentrated you want this mixture to be.
- Pour this mixture over wet hair and massage your scalp for about 2 minutes.
- The mixture will loosen any product build up along with other impurities and also stimulate blood flow to the scalp.
- Rinse your hair properly to remove the mixture and follow it up with a gentle Japanese shampoo for hair loss that is free of sulfates and other harsh ingredients.
Tips on using Japanese Shampoos for hair loss
- There’s a common misconception that Japanese shampoos are only meant for Asian hair. Japanese shampoos are formulated for different hair types and problems and can suit different types of hair types irrespective of your ethnicity
- Japanese shampoo may look like it isn’t much quantity wise. But Japanese shampoos and packed with rich ingredients and just a little bit of product is enough to cleanse your hair and scalp.
- Shampoos for hair loss in Japan mainly use only natural ingredients that’s gentle and lightweight and yet strong enough to clean your scalp.
- It’s common for shampoos in Japan to be sold in soft refill pouches. If you’ve already bought a pump bottle all you have to do is buy the soft refill pouch and refill your pump bottle. It’s way more economical than throwing out shampoo bottles every time you have to buy a new bottle.
- Japanese shampoos use natural ingredients and usually have a lingering floral or fruity fragrance that can last for a long time.
Why use best shampoo for Hair Loss in Japan?
Why Japanese shampoos are better than western shampoos is because Japanese shampoos for hair loss concentrate on using natural ingredients to nourish and solve hair problems. Whereas western shampoos are formulated with a lot of chemicals to attain faster results but are bad for overall hair health in the long run.
The best Japanese shampoo for you might be different from the best Japanese shampoo for hair loss for me. It all depends on the type of hair you have and the hair problems you’re facing.
But the ones listed above are some of the best Japanese shampoos for hair fall. The only way to find out which is the best one for you is by the trial and error method.
All of these shampoos help give your hair the shine and luster that it deserves while promoting hair growth and reducing hair breakage. You should try and get one of these shampoos to get rid of your hair problems and get healthy, gorgeous hair.
I hope you find the answer to your hair loss woes just like I have!
Takashi Nomoni is a proud Japanese and loves everything about Japan – be it food, culture, or movies! She’s a passionate about writing and her love for writing and Japanese products makes her the best fit at Best Japanese Products. Takashi is a total workaholic so you’ll always find her with her laptop researching or testing the next best Japanese product. When she’s not working, you’ll find Takashi exploring local cafes and restaurants (where she can work out of!)