Dear men, taking care of your hair is of the utmost importance. So here are the best Japanese men’s shampoo for you to do just that!
Men often think they do not need to have high maintenance for their hair, but that is so far from true.
**my dad always exaggerating how his hair looked when he younger** (He did really have nice hair though, maybe just not as long)
Even if you apply hair masks, hair conditioners, hair oils and other treatments but are using the wrong shampoo then it can cause more damage than good.
Japanese Shampoo Vs Western Shampoo
Japanese shampoo’s primarily formulated with natural ingredients. Japanese shampoos provide solution that are lightweight and clear focusing on hair problems like hair breakage and removing excess oil. Western shampoos, on the other hand, are heavy and cream-based and are mostly formulated for thick and curly hairs.
Which is the best Japanese men’s shampoo?
According to renowned hairstylist and men’s grooming expert, Mr. Kazuo Yamada, the best Japanese men’s shampoo is the Chap Up Shampoo Social Tech. This shampoo is formulated with a unique blend of amino acids and botanical extracts that effectively cleanses the scalp, strengthens hair follicles, and promotes healthy hair growth. It is also gentle on the scalp and leaves hair feeling refreshed and revitalized.
Best Japanese Men’s Shampoo — Quick Summary
|Best Japanese Men’s Shampoo||Best For|
|Chap Up Shampoo For Men||Dry Scalp|
|Shiseido Adenovital Shampoo For Men||Thinning Hair|
|TAMANOHADA Gardenia Natural Hair Shampoo for Men and Women||Dandruff|
|Nakano Pharmaceutical Foliage Cleansing Shampoo For Men||Hair Loss|
|Angfa Scalp D Medicinal Shampoo for Men Oily Skin||Oily Scalp|
|MANDOM Gatsby Perfect Clear Shampoo For Men||Wash Off Hair Wax|
|Rigaos Rigaosu Medicated Scalp Care Shampoo For Men||Oily Scalp|
|Henkel Japan’s Schwarzkopf 3D MEN Deep Cleansing Shampoo||Clean Hair-styling Products|
|Shiseido SEA BREEZE Hair Care Shampoo For Men||Irritated Scalp|
|MARO Medicated Deo Scalp Shampoo||Itchy Scalp|
- Related: Best Japanese Hair Conditioners
- Related: Best Japanese Hair Oil
- Related: Best Japanese Beauty Supplement
Top Japanese Men’s Shampoo
Chap Up Shampoo For Men
Best Japanese Men’s Shampoo Dry Scalp
The Chap Up shampoo is probably the best Japanese shampoo for men. Although it is a little more expensive than other shampoos, but it is well worth it. The shampoo is gentle on the hair and scalp.
I’m impressed with how well it cleanses my hair and removes excess oil without stripping off my natural oil. I also like the natural smell of this shampoo as it’s super refreshing. However, I found it to be extremely expensive.
It effectively gets rid of all the dirt and grease, while also making sure that your hair remains moisturized. The foam is very easy to wash out and makes your hair nice and smooth. The shampoo does not contain silicone. It has a mild rose scent that does not overpower you.
- Gentle formula
- Formulated with 5 types of amino acids that nourish the scalp
- Ingredients: 10/10
- Hair results: 9.5/10
- Affordability: 6/10
Related: Best Japanese Hair Dyes
Shiseido Adenovital Shampoo For Men
Best Japanese Men’s Shampoo For Thinning Hair
Shiseido is one of the leading Japanese brands. It is known for its amazing range of hair and beauty products. Like all its other products, this Adenovital shampoo is also absolutely amazing and highly effective.
Shiseido is definitely my favourite brand for men’s Japanese shampoo. I love how it results in healthy and fluffy hair. I love the mild fragrance as well.
This shampoo is specifically designed for people with young, healthy, and voluminous hair. The foaming ability is very high, which can give you quite a bit of satisfaction when lathering. It cleans well and is also somewhat gentle on your scalp. It makes your hair really smooth and soft. It has a mild floral scent, which you will definitely enjoy.
- Gentle formula
- Locks-in in moisture
- Hydrates the scalp
- Prepares the scalp for any essence
- Prevent hair loss
- Boosts hair growth
- Ingredients: 9.5/10
- Hair results: 9/10
- Affordability: 9/10
Related: Best Japanese Hair Brushes
TAMANOHADA Gardenia Natural Hair Shampoo for Men and Women
Best Japanese Men’s Shampoo For Dandruff
This is a mild shampoo that’s suitable for both men and women. This is a natural anti-dandruff shampoo and is recommended for those troubled with dandruff. It’s silicone-free.
I can go on talking about how well this shampoo is formulated with all the good ingredients. It gives a smooth and silky shine to my hair that’s extremely desirable.
The shampoo is infused with Gardenia flower, lemon oil, and ylang-ylang oil to give the shampoo a refreshingly sweet scent. It’s the perfect anti-dandruff shampoo for dull and damaged hair. The shampoo is formulated with plant-based cleaning ingredients making it an all-organic shampoo. The shampoo also contains moisturizing ingredients to leave your hair smooth and healthy.
- Mild shampoo
- Works as anti-dandruff shampoo as well
- Perfect for dry scalp
- All natural ingredients used
- Infused with Gardenia flower, lemon oil, and ylang-ylang oil for scent
- Natural plant-based cleaning ingredients used to clean scalp and hair
- Plant-based moisturizing ingredients used to hydrate the scalp
- Ingredients: 10/10
- Hair results: 9/10
- Affordability: 9.5/10
Nakano Pharmaceutical Foliage Cleansing Shampoo For Men
Best Japanese Men’s Shampoo For Hair Loss
This is mild shampoo from Japan for men. It has an ingredient derived from a plant that controls the excess production of sebum and gently washes it off. It dissolves the extra sebum in your scalp and lets your pores breathe.
This Japanese shampoo for men also reduces hair loss and helps promote hair growth. It also stimulates collagen production to reverse the signs of aging. It also reduces the appearance of white hair by promoting melanin production. It contains grape leaf extracts and Roman chamomile extract amongst other scalp nourishing ingredients.
- Mild shampoo
- Dissolves excess sebum
- Reduces hair loss
- Promotes new hair growth
- Stimulates collagen production
- Reduces signs of aging like the appearance of grey hair
- Contains rape leaf extracts and Roman chamomile extracts
Angfa Scalp D Medicinal Shampoo for Men Oily Skin
Best Japanese Men’s Shampoo For Oily Scalp
Angfa Scalp D shampoo for men washes the scalp to promote a healthy scalp environment. It also helps in the reduction of hair loss by promoting hair growth.
The shampoo is packed with scalp care ingredients like extracts of guava leaf, Garden balsam, Elderberry, Iris root, satsuma mandarin, carrot, Royal jelly liquid and more. It also contains roman chamomile, cloves, peppermint, eucalyptus and other ingredients that help relieve a sticky scalp.
The shampoo is also free of parabens, sulfate, silicone, mineral oil, artificial color and fragrance. The shampoo promises to moisturize the scalp and protect it from drying out. It’s one of the best men’s anti-dandruff shampoo in Japan
- Promotes healthy scalp environment
- Promotes hair growth
- Formulated with scalp care ingredients like guava leaf extracts, elderberry extracts, iris root extracts and more
- Formulated with ingredients to avoid sticky scalp like Roman chamomile, clove, peppermint, eucalyptus and more.
- No artificial color or fragrance used
MANDOM Gatsby Perfect Clear Shampoo For Men
Best Japanese Men’s Shampoo To Wash Off Hair Wax
Mandom Gatsby Perfect Clear shampoo for men has amazon cleaning properties. It’s especially recommended for men who use wax and other hair styling products that are difficult to wash off.
It leaves your hair light and fresh. And has an aroma of fresh green apple. It’s a paraben-free shampoo. The shampoo contains moisturizing ingredients to protect your hair and scalp. The menthol content in the shampoo gives you a refreshing feeling after washing. It’s the best shampoo in Japan for men.
- Powerful cleansing properties
- Washes off stubborn hair wax and other hair styling products in one wash
- Leaves your hair light and fresh
- Contains moisturising ingredients
- Contains menthol for a refreshing feel after wash
- Clears dandruff
- Not recommended for sensitive scalp
Rigaos Medicated Scalp Care Shampoo For Men
Top Japanese Shampoo For Oily Scalp
This medicated shampoo is formulated to improve your scalp health. It removes the excess oil present in your scalp and washes away any unpleasant odor in your scalp and hair. It also prevents dandruff and itching in the scalp.
It is formulated with white birch, rosemary, and brown algae. The shampoo is free of silicone, synthetic fragrances, mineral oil, and colorants
- Contains white birch, rosemary, brown algae
- Improves scalp health
- Removes excess oil in scalp
- Prevent dandruff
- Gets rid of unpleasant scalp odor due to sweat
- Free of mineral oils
- Free of artificial fragrances
- Free of colorants
- Not recommended for sensitive skin
Henkel Japan’s Schwarzkopf 3D MEN Deep Cleansing Shampoo
Best Japanese Men’s Shampoo To Clean Hair-styling Products
This shampoo for men deeply cleanses your hair and scalp and removes any stubborn product build-up in your hair. It is especially recommended for those who regularly use hair-styling products.
The shampoo is formulated with scleroprotein that helps rebuild hair structure. To hydrate the scalp, the shampoo formula is blended with pantenol. The shampoo is packed with the goodness of caffeine to stimulate the root to promote the growth of healthy hair follicles.
- Deep cleansing formula
- Formulated with Sclero protein to rebuild hair structure
- Formulated with Pantenol to hydrate the scalp
- Formulated with caffeine to stimulate root and promote growth of healthy hair follicles
- Not recommended for sensitive scalp
Shiseido SEA BREEZE Hair Care Shampoo For Men
Best Japanese Men’s Shampoo For Irritated Scalp
This is a mild shampoo for men. It gently washes the sweat and dirt from the scalp and hair. It leaves your hair smooth and fresh. It has an aquatic citrus fragrance that will leave your scalp feeling fresh with every wash.
The shampoo is formulated with crystal amino powder that helps smoothen your hair. It also blended with repairing amino acids that protect your hair from daily damage.
- Mild formula
- Leaves your smooth and fresh
- Citrus fragrance
- Contain crystal amino powder for smooth hair
- Contains amino acids for protection
MARO Medicated Deo Scalp Shampoo
Best Japanese Men’s Shampoo For Itchy Scalp
This shampoo for men is formulated with active ingredients that clean and deodorize the scalp and hair leaving you with a fresh feeling and odor-free scalp and hair. The shampoo is formulated with avocado oil, olive fruit oil, Jojoba seed oil, evening primrose oil, and hybrid safflower seed oil that cleanse your scalp while nourishing your scalp as well.
The shampoo gets rid of unwanted sebum and unclogs your pores. The medicated shampoo has anti-bacterial and herbal ingredients that prevent oxidation of the sebum and keeps the unwanted bacteria growth at bay. This ensures that your scalp is free of bad odors and itchiness.
The shampoo also contains menthol for soothing the scalp. It also contains ingredients that hydrate the scalp and leave you with soft and smooth hair.
- Formulated with active ingredients to deodorize the scalp
- Formulated with 5 rare oils – avocado oil, olive fruit oil, Jojoba seed oil, evening primrose oil, and hybrid safflower seed oil that cleanse and nourish the scalp
- Washes excess sebum to unclogs the pores
- Antibacterial properties
- Herbal ingredients used
- Prevents sebum oxidation
- Prevent growth of unwanted bacteria for clean and odor-free scalp
- Prevents scalp itchiness
- Contains menthol for soothing the scalp
How to Choose Japanese Men’s Shampoo?
Choosing a Japanese shampoo for men can be overwhelming, given the many options available. Here are some tips to help you select the right one for your hair:
- Determine your hair type:
Different shampoos are designed for different hair types, such as dry, oily, normal, or damaged hair. Knowing your hair type will help you choose a shampoo that will address your hair’s specific needs.
- Look for natural ingredients
Japanese shampoos often contain natural ingredients that are beneficial for the hair, such as green tea, seaweed, rice extract, and yuzu. Look for a shampoo that contains natural ingredients that are suitable for your hair type.
- Consider your scalp condition
If you have a sensitive or dry scalp, look for a shampoo that is specifically designed for this condition. Shampoos that contain ingredients such as tea tree oil, aloe vera, or menthol can help soothe and moisturize the scalp.
- Check for fragrance
Japanese shampoos often have a unique scent, so consider whether you want a shampoo with a fragrance or one that is fragrance-free.
- Read reviews
Check online reviews and ratings from other men who have used the shampoo to get an idea of its effectiveness and suitability for your hair type.
- Consider the brand
Japanese shampoo brands such as Shiseido, Kracie, and Ichikami are popular and have a good reputation for producing high-quality hair care products. Consider purchasing from a trusted brand.
- Try sample sizes
If you are unsure about a particular shampoo, consider trying a sample size before committing to a full-sized bottle. Many Japanese shampoo brands offer sample sizes that are perfect for trying out a new product.
Remember, everyone’s hair is different, so it may take some trial and error to find the right Japanese shampoo for you.
What Ingredients to look for in Japanese men’s shampoo?
Japanese men’s shampoos often contain ingredients that are natural, nourishing, and gentle on the hair and scalp. Here are some common ingredients to look for in Japanese men’s shampoos:
- Camellia oil: Camellia oil is rich in oleic acid, which helps to moisturize the hair and scalp. It also contains antioxidants, which can help prevent damage to the hair.
- Rice extract: Rice extract is rich in amino acids and vitamins, which can help strengthen and nourish the hair. It can also help to add shine to dull hair.
- Seaweed: Seaweed is rich in vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, which can help to nourish and hydrate the hair. It can also help to reduce scalp irritation.
- Green tea: Green tea is rich in antioxidants, which can help to prevent damage to the hair. It can also help to promote hair growth and reduce dandruff.
- Yuzu: Yuzu is a citrus fruit that is often used in Japanese shampoos for its refreshing scent. It can also help to balance the pH of the scalp and promote hair growth.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer that can help to soothe and hydrate the scalp. It can also help to reduce dandruff and promote hair growth.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic that can help to reduce scalp inflammation and irritation. It can also help to prevent dandruff and promote hair growth.
- Charcoal: Charcoal is a natural detoxifier that can help to remove impurities from the scalp and hair. It can also help to reduce scalp irritation and dandruff.
When choosing a Japanese men’s shampoo, look for products that contain natural ingredients that are suitable for your hair and scalp type. Consider trying out different products to find the one that works best for you.
What ingredients to avoid in men’s shampoo?
When it comes to men’s shampoos, it is important to avoid ingredients that can be harmful to the hair and scalp. Here are some ingredients to avoid in men’s shampoos:
- Sulfates: Sulfates are harsh detergents that can strip the hair of its natural oils, leading to dryness and damage. Look for shampoos that are sulfate-free.
- Parabens: Parabens are preservatives that have been linked to hormonal imbalances and other health concerns. Look for shampoos that are paraben-free.
- Silicones: Silicones are synthetic ingredients that can create a coating on the hair, making it feel smoother and more manageable. However, they can also weigh the hair down and lead to buildup. Look for shampoos that are silicone-free.
- Alcohol: Alcohol can be drying to the hair and scalp, leading to irritation and breakage. Look for shampoos that are alcohol-free or contain only small amounts of alcohol.
- Synthetic fragrances: Synthetic fragrances can be irritating to the scalp and can cause allergic reactions in some people. Look for shampoos that are fragrance-free or use natural fragrances.
- Formaldehyde: Formaldehyde is a preservative that has been linked to cancer and other health concerns. Look for shampoos that are formaldehyde-free.
- Phthalates: Phthalates are plasticizers that have been linked to hormone disruption and other health concerns. Look for shampoos that are phthalate-free.
When choosing a men’s shampoo, always read the ingredients list and look for products that are free of harmful ingredients. Consider trying out natural and organic shampoos, which often contain gentle and nourishing ingredients that are beneficial for the hair and scalp.
Benefits of Using Japanese Shampoo for Men:
There are many benefits of using shampoo for men. Here are some of them:
- Shampoo can help to cleanse the scalp and hair of dirt, oil, and sweat.
- It can also help to remove product buildup and styling products from the hair.
- Shampoo can also help to add strength and shine to the hair.
- Additionally, shampoo can help to protect the scalp from sun damage.
Hair Care Tips for Men
Here are some of the useful hair care tips for men that can help in improving your hair:
1. Shampoo your hair regularly. Shampooing your hair removes dirt, oil, and pollutants that can cause scalp irritation and hair loss.
2. Use a conditioner after shampooing. A conditioner will help to moisturize your hair, making it less likely to break off or fall out.
3. Avoid over-styling your hair. excessive styling can damage your hair and make it more prone to breaking or falling out.
4. Use a good quality shampoo and conditioner made for men’s hair.. these products are designed to better meet the needs of men’s hair than women’s products do.
5. Protect your hair from the sun. UV radiation from the sun can cause rough texture, dryness, loss of color, etc.
Best Japanese Men’s Shampoos: FAQs
Which is the best Japanese men’s shampoo?
Angfa Scalp D Medicinal Shampoo is available for dry skin and oily skin. This Japanese shampoo for men promotes a healthy scalp environment to stimulate hair growth. Angfa Scalp D Medicinal Shampoo for Men is formulated with scalp care ingredients like guava leaf extracts, elderberry extracts, iris root extracts and more.
Are Japanese shampoos good for men’s hair?
Japanese shampoos tend to be quite gentle and effective for most people. They’re good for your hair is that they often contain natural ingredients. For example, Shiseido astonished the world when it released its groundbreaking product “Wild,” which contains natural liquid wild Yamano Himawari oil. This rare ingredient is designed to moisturize and protect hair while cleansing away dirt and debris.
Erika is the main author of the website. She is obsessed with Japanese products and always looks for an opportunity to share her love for Japanese products with everybody around her! She combined her love for writing, research and testing products to create Best Japanese Products. When she’s not reviewing latest Japanese products, you’ll find her pampering her cats. Erika is the definition of ‘The Crazy Cat Lady’.