Is the kitchen your favorite place in the house? Then you gotta have these best Japanese kitchen gadgets to make cooking a breeze! The kitchen for me is a heavenly place that lets me whip up delicious dishes. You will love these best Japanese kitchen gadgets.
Why? These Japanese kitchen gadgets help improve your efficiency in the kitchen while also allowing you to have fun with them. These are quite simple tools, really, but they will make your work so much more comfortable in the kitchen.
With these kitchen gadgets, the cleaning process also becomes less messy and cooking a lot more fun. So, are you ready to find out some of the best Japanese kitchen gadgets? You will be thanking us later for these!
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets
#1 — Miso Muddler
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets For Miso Soup
We love Miso soup, but we can never get it right. We are also not very confident and never quite seem to know how much is too little or too much. Our paste also does not dissolve too well. Do you also resonate with these problems? If so, then you would love this handy miso muddler.
It truly is a savior when it comes to making the perfect Miso soup.
The muddler has two ends, with one side more prominent than the other. You can use the bigger side for heftier portions and the other side for smaller portions. Dip either of the ends into your miso paste and stir until the paste dissolves completely.
However, you do not have to use this muddler specifically for miso soups only, which is why this is our real favorite. This muddler can be used for pretty much everything else that has paste involved in the cooking process, like stews and curries.
- The perfect tool to make notable miso soup
- Comes with two ends of two different sizes
- Great for smaller and larger portions
- Helps dissolve the paste completely
- Comes in handy for other dishes as well
#2 — Taiyaki Maker
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets For Taiyaki
Taiyaki is a famous fish-shaped waffle with a sweet red bean paste. It is one of the most famous street foods in Japan. However, we cannot keep traveling to Japan to devour this delicious food, which is why getting this Taiyaki pan is a great decision.
With this Taiyaki maker, we can make the delicious Taiyakis at home, with our choice of fillings. Some of the most popular sauces include chocolate, custard, and ice cream.
It is quite easy to make Taiyakis with this pan. All you have to do is get the batter ready, pour it in, close it, and wait for the delicious fish-shaped delights to cook.
- Lets you make the famous Taiyaki at home
- Get creative with the fillings
- Easy to use and clean
- Great in quality
#3 — Sushi Making Kit
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets For Perfect Sushi
We all love Sushi, right? But we would all agree that making Sushi is a considerable task that seems almost impossible for many of us. This sushi kit is going to make life so much simpler, especially on days when we are craving delicious Sushis.
The kit comes with every equipment that you would need to make the perfect sushi rolls. The kit contains a bamboo mat, bamboo chopsticks, spreader, paddle, avocado slicer, sushi knife, chopstick holder, sushi bazooka roller machine, and a cotton bag.
With all these things, you can have your sushi ready in minutes sans the mess.
- A complete kit to help you make sushi in minutes
- Contains a bamboo mat, bamboo chopsticks, chopstick holder, avocado slicer, paddle, spreader, cotton bag, sushi knife, and a sushi bazooka roller machine
- Affordable and cost-effective, especially when we look at all the items included
- Lets you make the perfect sushi rolls.
#4 — Takoyaki Maker
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets For Making Takoyaki
Takoyaki is also known as Octopus balls and is a huge crowd favorite in Japan. The delicious Japanese snack uses a savory batter that features lots of green onions and red ginger. Apart from these, we also add dried shrimp or fried bits of flour known as Tenkasu to the mixture.
Finally, pour the batter on the pan with a piece of octopus getting cooked inside each ball.
In this Takoyaki maker, you do not have to limit yourself to just making Takoyakis. Go creative and use the pan to make other delicacies such as cake pops, omelet balls, hash browns, and more.
- An excellent quality pan that lets you make delicious Takoyaki balls
- Can be used for other food items such as cake pops and omelet balls as well
- Easy to use
#5 — Frozen Beer Slushie Maker
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets for Beer Slushie
There are tons of varieties of slushies available that we enjoy, but have you ever heard of a beer slushie? Yes, you read that right. This Kirin Frozen Beer slushie maker turns beer into a whipped, frozen slushie top that helps keep your beer cold for longer.
With the beer slushie maker, you can add a cold frozen beer head to the beer to keep it chilled. How cool is that?
- Helps you create a frozen beer cap for your beer
- Keeps your beer chilled for longer
- Great for hot summer days
#6 — Japanese Suribachi and Surikogi (Japanese Motar and Pestle)
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets for Mixing and Grinding
Japanese Suribachi and Surikogi, or mortar and pestle, is an indispensable part of the kitchen. It is used in a variety of ways, for recipes that involve grinding and mixing. In Japan, Suribachi and Surikogi are most commonly used to grind sesame seeds.
Surikogi (pestle) is made of wood, which is beneficial as it does not damage the ridged interior of the mortar during the grinding process. If you ask us, this combination is better than the mixers and grinders we use today. With the Suribachi and Surikogi, we get more control over the grinding process.
And guess what? You can also use the mortar and pestle for making the favorite pesto sauce.
- Indispensable part of the kitchen
- Helps you grind and mix with the utmost control
- Most commonly used to grind sesame seeds in Japan
- It can also be used to grind other ingredients and items
- Pestle is made of wood, so it does not harm the mortar
- A great addition to the kitchen
#7 — Bamboo Draining Basket (Zaru)
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets for Draining Liquids
The bamboo draining basket is also known as Zaru and is an essential part of the kitchen. It is flat and has a large surface area, which helps water and other liquids drain faster from food. It is because of this reason that food cools off quickly in the basket.
It is one of the most versatile and durable additions you can make to your kitchen. It can also be used to serve food at the table; it gives a rustic and traditional aesthetic. It is also easy to store as it does not take up a lot of space, unlike other colanders.
- Essential part of the kitchen
- Flat with a large surface area
- Allows water and other liquids to drain quickly
- Food cools off easily and quickly
- Versatile and durable
- Can be used to serve food as well; it gives a rustic vibe
- Storage does not take up a lot of space
#8 — Gyoza Press
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets for Dumplings
Have you ever made dumplings? If yes, you would know how time-consuming the whole process is. It can be quite tricky to fold the edges. Folding pleats takes a lot of precision and practice, which is not a fun thing to do when you are hungry and want some dumplings.
That’s where the Gyoza Press makes an entry. It is a simple plastic mold with ridges along the outer edge, but it is this simple gadget that does al the job and makes your life easy.
Simply lay the gyoza wrapper and filling in the press, fold it and push. What comes out is a beautiful dumpling that is ready to be cooked. What took you hours is now only going to take minutes, thanks to this wonderful press.
- Easy tool that lets you make dumplings in minutes
- Simple plastic mold with ridges along the outer edge
- Lay the wrapper with filling, fold it in half and press. It really is as simple as that.
- Takes minutes to make perfect dumplings without a lot of effort
#9 — Tamagoyaki Pan
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets for Breakfast and Bento
Tamagoyaki is one of the most popular breakfasts and one of the best options for a traditional Japanese bento box. It is made with eggs, Japanese soy sauce, or sugar. You can also add your own variations to the recipe. In the Tamagoyaki, the eggs cook in a distinctive rectangular shape.
You can use a pair of chopsticks to fold over the eggs to form multiple layers neatly.
This pan is great if you make tamagoyaki a lot. With this pan, you can easily achieve the standard rectangular shape. The pan is also quite compact and does not take a lot of storage space.
- An exceptional pan that lets you make the popular Japanese breakfast
- Compact design
- Does not take a lot of storage space
#10 — Donabe Ceramic Pot
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets for Hot pot
Japanese love hot-pots, and for this hot and steamy delicacy, they use a ceramic pot like this one. The pot is made of special clay that can withstand cooking on an open flame. The pot also remains hot for a long time after it reaches its peak heat point.
It is a versatile pot that can help you cook a vast number of evenly cooked dishes.
- Great for cooking hot pots
- Made of special clay that can withstand cooking on an open flame
- Versatile pot that lets you cook a wide variety of dishes
Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets: At A Glance
|Best Japanese Kitchen Gadgets||Best For||Link|
|Miso Muddler – $12.95||Miso soup||Check it out on Amazon|
|Taiyaki Pan – $24.99||Taiyaki||Check it out on Amazon|
|Sushi Making Kit – $25.95||Sushi||Check it out on Amazon|
|Takoyaki Pan – $47.00||Takoyaki||Check it out on Amazon|
|Kirin Frozen Beer Slushie Maker – $62.98||Frozen Beer Cap||Check it out on Amazon|
|Japanese Suribachi and Surikogi – $51.00||Mixing and Grinding||Check it out on Amazon|
|Bamboo Draining Basket – $42.22||Draining Liquids||Check it out on Amazon|
|Gyoza Dumpling Press – $57.86||Dumplings||Check it out on Amazon|
|Tamagoyaki Pan – $77.40||Breakfast and bento||Check it out on Amazon|
|Donabe Hot Pot – $100.86||Hot pot||Check it out on Amazon|
Kitchen Gadgets to make your life easier…
These were some of the best Japanese kitchen gadgets to help you make your life in the kitchen comfortable and relaxed. Why don’t you try these out for yourself and see how amazing they truly are!
- Make your favorite Japanese dish using the authentic spices and herbs from Japan. Check it out!
- Longing for a coffee maker in your kitchen? Check out these coffee makers by Japanese brands for the perfect cup of coffee every morning!
- Keep your clothes clean and fresh with these amazing Japanese laundry detergents. Check it out!
- Best Japanese Toilet Seat