I personally love keeping up with Japanese hair color trends. So here are the best Japanese hair dyes you could try, if you love coloring your hair too!
I love how by simply coloring your hair you can get a whole new look for yourself. But it can be expensive – going to the salon for touchups and treatments. And dyeing my hair always seemed a bit risky.
But my recent online expedition of Japanese hair dyes didn’t seem so bad at all. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised that it’s actually safe. And that made me so so happy!
Now there are hair dyes from Japan that not only color your hair but also nourish them. That’s just like icing on the cake!
With these best Japanese hair dyes, we no longer have to pay visits to the salon and we can color our hair at home without any hassle.
There are so many varieties of Japanese hair dyes available in the market. These hair dyes contain minerals that nourish your hair, give them the youthful shine, and also give you the desired color. With this said, we are sure you will be ready to give your hair some color and shine with the best Japanese hair dyes.
You may have different reasons for wanting to get your hair dyed a different color than your natural hair. Some people simply want to color their hair because they wonder what they would look like with a different hair color while some want to conceal their gray hairs.
With the wide range of best hair dyes from Japan, you could choose the standard colors of black and brown, or go for more vivid colors like pink and green.
No matter what your choice is, I have curated the following list of best Japanese hair dyes to cater to your different needs. These are some of my favorites and I am sure you will soon be buying one for yourself.
Enjoy and may you have a great time coloring your hair!
Best Japanese Hair Dyes 2020
- Best Japanese Hair Dyes 2020
- How Much Does It Cost To Dye Your Hair In Japan?
#1 — Japanese Hair Dye Liese Bubble Hair Dye By Kao
Kao is one of the oldest and most trusted hair dye manufacturers in Japan. Their bubble hair dye is the latest addition to their range of hair products. It comes in 17 different shades and is very easy to apply to hair.
The package of hair dye comes with a solution and a developer. To reach the gel-like consistency to color your hair, pour the solution to the developer and shake gently. After that, all you have to do is replace the regular cap with a foam cap.
Liese hair dye reaches areas that are usually hard to reach such as the inner layers of the hair. All you have to do for an even application is massage the soft and fluffy foam into your hair.
Before you start the application process, make sure that you apply a layer of Vaseline or oil-based cream to the hairline to avoid contact of the hair dye with the skin.
- Liese hair dye has an easy application process. You only need to massage the gel for even coloring.
- The dye contains Royal Jelly Extract, which acts as a moisturizer for your hair and gives it a silky, shiny finish.
- It reaches difficult areas such as the nape of the neck.
- Liese hair dye is permanent and it will take several months for the color to start fading.
- The color may have an allergic reaction in some users due to the presence of amino acid. To know if the dye is safe for you, do an allergy test at least 48 hours before using it.
#2 — Brain Cosmos – Top Japanese Hair Dye
Brain Cosmos is a revolutionary hair dye that uses the goodness of Rishiri Kombu, which is a Japanese seaweed extract. This extract has exceptional health benefits and is a common ingredient in Japanese food.
However, that is not all. Rishiri Kombu also has excellent hair coloring properties.
It is quite easy to apply this hair dye. There is not much you need to do in order to color your hair. You only need to dab the color directly onto your hair.
The best part is that you do not need to wash your hair after you have applied the color and received your desired results. The hair dye comes in the shades of black and brown.
- The best part about this hair dye is that it not only colors your hair, but it also acts as a hair treatment. The minerals present in the hair dye strengthens the hair and rejuvenates hair growth.
- You do not need to wash off the hair color once it has dried. This makes the process very simple and quick.
- It is one of the best Japanese hair dyes that effectively covers up grey hair.
- The color fades away very fast so you need to reapply every few weeks.
#3 — Dariya Palty Hair Dye For Dark Hair
Japanese hair dye Palty combines color and hair treatment to give you hair that is shiny, healthy, and beautifully colored. The package comes with a coloring cream, oxide water that acts as a developer, brush, gloves, and an instruction manual.
It is very easy to follow the steps and apply the color. The solution is in liquid form to make the application process easier. To achieve your desired color, you may have to wait any time between 20 and 40 minutes.
Once you have achieved the color, you need to wash off the dye to reveal gorgeous and healthy hair.
- The Japanese hair dye Palty is also a hair treatment formula that makes your hair lustrous and moisturized.
- Palty hair dye contains seaweed extract, which is extremely good for the hair. It prevents breakage and locks in moisture.
- You should avoid using this hair dye if your hair has been permed or straightened.
- This hair dye is extremely harsh on the skin and should be avoided by people who are prone to allergic reactions.
- You should not use this hair dye to color your eyebrows.
#4 — Japanese Grigio Hair Manicure Dye – Fresh, Light Hair Dye
This is an enriching hair dye from Japan that contains natural ingredients. It acts as a great moisturizer for the hair and helps treat hair that is dry or damaged due to excessive use of heat.
The hair dye contains amino acids that prevent the hair from drying up after the coloring process. It prevents the luster of the hair and leaves it looking silky and shiny. Unlike many other dyes in the market, this hair dye prevents scalp irritation.
To apply the dye, you need to wash and dry your hair completely. While applying, make sure that you avoid the hairline and the skin around the eyes.
If you use a hairdryer after applying the color, you can wash it off in 15 minutes. However, if you decide not to dry your hair using heat treatment, you should wait for about 45 minutes before washing it off.
- Since it has natural ingredients, it keeps your hair healthy. By using this hair dye, you can prevent chemical damage.
- It locks in moisture and helps your hair retain its natural luster.
- You need to thoroughly rinse your hair and remove every last bit of product to avoid skin irritation.
#5 — Rishiri Kombu Hair Color Treatment – Best Japanese Hair Dye
This is a natural hair coloring product from Japan that uses natural ingredients to give you the color that you want without damaging your hair. The manufacturer uses locally available raw materials to make this hair dye.
The best thing about this hair dye is that it colors your hair a little more with each application. This is the best hair dye for you if you are allergic to chemicals and the ingredients that are used in hair dyes.
The application of this hair dye is very easy. You need to wash your hair and dry it. However, do not dry it completely.
After this, you need to apply the hair color just like you would apply a conditioner after washing your hair. Leave the hair color for about ten to fifteen minutes and then rinse it off well.
This is one of the best Japanese hair dyes to keep with you if you love following Japanese hair color trends. It’s quick, easy, and does its job really well!
- The dyeing process is gradual, making the process slow. The change is not dramatic.
- It contains natural ingredients such as seaweed extracts and minerals nourish your hair and promote hair growth. It also prevents hair from breaking.
- It is important, however, to note that the hair color may not be an exact shade of the color you need. You may want to do a patch test to know which shade works the best for you.
How Much Does It Cost To Dye Your Hair In Japan?
Depending on your hair length and the type of hair color you want, it can cost you anywhere between 6000 to 20,000 yen. Yup! That’s pretty expensive.
This is why I stick to these very reliable Japanese hair dyes so I can always follow the Japanese hair color trends without burning a hole in my wallet!
But what you can also do is – get your hair dyed at a salon professionally if you’re doing it for the time and then when it’s time for retouching pick one of these best Japanese hair dyes and do it yourself at home!
These best Japanese hair dyes will definitely help you achieve your desired look. Some of these Japanese hair dyes also contain special ingredients that nourish your hair and make them healthy.
These hair dyes do not dry out your hair or make it brittle and damaged. They provide nourishment to your hair and leave them looking and feeling soft, silky, and shiny. These best Japanese hair dyes have a lot of natural ingredients that promote hair growth and discourage hair breakage.
So, if you are thinking of coloring your hair at home, check out these top Japanese hair dyes and get the hair dye that you think will be the most suitable for your hair.
These hair dyes are the best option if you do not want to keep visiting the salon for your hair coloring needs. These dyes are simple enough to apply and give you vibrant and gorgeous results.
Your hair will feel healthier and lovely after using any one of the hair dyes mentioned above. So, what are you waiting for? Give any one of these best hair dyes from Japan a try and watch the magic happen right in front of your eyes.