I personally love keeping up with Japanese hair color trends. So here are the best Japanese hair dyes you could try, if you love coloring your hair too!
I love how by simply coloring your hair you can get a whole new look for yourself. But it can be expensive going to the salon for touchups and treatments. And dyeing my hair always seemed a bit risky. But my recent online expedition of Japanese hair dyes didn’t seem so bad at all. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised that it’s actually safe. And that made me so so happy!
Now there are hair dyes from Japan that not only color your hair but also nourish them. That’s just like icing on the cake!
With these best Japanese hair dyes, we no longer have to pay visits to the salon and we can color our hair at home without any hassle.
There are so many varieties of Japanese hair dyes available in the market. These hair dyes contain minerals that nourish your hair, give them the youthful shine, and also give you the desired color. With this said, I’m sure you will be ready to give your hair some color and shine with the best Japanese hair dyes.
Best Japanese Hair Dyes 2020
With the wide range of best hair dyes from Japan, you could choose the standard colors of black and brown, or go for more vivid colors like pink and green.
No matter what your choice is, I have curated a list of best Japanese hair dyes to cater to your different needs. These are some of the best Japanese box hair dyes available in the market that are easy to use by yourself and you can color your from the comfort of your home!
Enjoy and may you have a great time coloring your hair!
- Best Japanese Hair Dyes 2020
- Top Japanese Hair Dyes: Quick Summary
- #1 — Japanese Hair Dye Liese Bubble Hair Dye By Kao
- #2 — Brain Cosmos – Top Japanese Hair Dye
- #3 — Dariya Palty Hair Dye For Dark Hair
- #4 — Japanese Grigio Hair Manicure Dye – Fresh, Light Hair Dye
- #5 — Rishiri Kombu Hair Color Treatment – Best Japanese Hair Dye
- #6 — Kao Prettia Bubble Hair Color
- #7 — Japanese Hair Dye Bigen
- #8 — ShoHan Instant Powder Hair Color
- #9 — Dariya SALON DE PRO Hair Color
- #10 — Cielo Hair Dye
- #11 — Dariya Annadonna Every Hair Color
- #12 — Hoyu Beauteen Makeup Color
- #13 — Hoyu Beautylabo Whip Hair Color Bubble Type
- How Much Does It Cost To Dye Your Hair In Japan?
- Top Hair Dyes From Japan: FAQs
Top Japanese Hair Dyes: Quick Summary
|Best Japanese Hair Dye Brands||Best Japanese Hair Dyes Products||Link|
|Kao||Japanese Hair Dye Liese Bubble Hair Dye By Kao – $19.90||LINK|
|Brain Cosmos||Brain Cosmos Hair Color And Treatment – $23.69||LINK|
|Dariya||Dariya Palty Hair Dye For Dark Hair – $13.49||LINK|
|Grigio||Japanese Grigio Hair Manicure Dye –$19.99||LINK|
|Rishiri||Rishiri Kombu Hair Color Treatment – $36.93||LINK|
|Kao||Kao Prettia Bubble Hair Color – $21.99||LINK|
|Bigen||Bigen Semi-Permanent Hair Color – $8.31||LINK|
|ShoHan||ShoHan Instant Powder Hair Dye – $6.97||LINK|
|Dariya||Salon De Pro Hair Color – $25.99||LINK|
|Cielo||Cielo Hair Color Cream – $49.99||LINK|
|Dariya||Dariya Annadonna Every Hair Color – $77.58||LINK|
|Hoyu||Hoyu Beauteen Makeup Hair Color – $23.99||LINK|
|Hoyu||Hoyu Beautylabo Whip Hair Color Bubble Type – $26.00||LINK|
#1 — Japanese Hair Dye Liese Bubble Hair Dye By Kao
Kao is one of the oldest and most trusted hair dye manufacturers in Japan. Their bubble hair dye is the latest addition to their range of hair products. It comes in 17 different shades and is very easy to apply to hair.
The package of hair dye comes with a solution and a developer. To reach the gel-like consistency to color your hair, pour the solution to the developer and shake gently. After that, all you have to do is replace the regular cap with a foam cap.
Liese hair dye reaches areas that are usually hard to reach such as the inner layers of the hair. All you have to do for an even application is massage the soft and fluffy foam into your hair.
Before you start the application process, make sure that you apply a layer of Vaseline or oil-based cream to the hairline to avoid contact of the hair dye with the skin.
- Liese hair dye has an easy application process. You only need to massage the gel for even coloring.
- The dye contains Royal Jelly Extract, which acts as a moisturizer for your hair and gives it a silky, shiny finish.
- It reaches difficult areas such as the nape of the neck.
- Liese hair dye is permanent and it will take several months for the color to start fading.
- The color may have an allergic reaction in some users due to the presence of amino acid. To know if the dye is safe for you, do an allergy test at least 48 hours before using it.
#2 — Brain Cosmos – Top Japanese Hair Dye
Brain Cosmos is a revolutionary hair dye that uses the goodness of Rishiri Kombu, which is a Japanese seaweed extract. This extract has exceptional health benefits and is a common ingredient in Japanese food.
However, that is not all. Rishiri Kombu also has excellent hair coloring properties.
It is quite easy to apply this hair dye. There is not much you need to do in order to color your hair. You only need to dab the color directly onto your hair.
The best part is that you do not need to wash your hair after you have applied the color and received your desired results. The hair dye comes in the shades of black and brown
- The best part about this hair dye is that it not only colors your hair, but it also acts as a hair treatment. The minerals present in the hair dye strengthens the hair and rejuvenates hair growth.
- You do not need to wash off the hair color once it has dried. This makes the process very simple and quick.
- It is one of the best Japanese hair dyes that effectively covers up grey hair.
- The color fades away very fast so you need to reapply every few weeks.
#3 — Dariya Palty Hair Dye For Dark Hair
Japanese hair dye Palty combines color and hair treatment to give you hair that is shiny, healthy, and beautifully colored. The package comes with a coloring cream, oxide water that acts as a developer, brush, gloves, and an instruction manual.
It is very easy to follow the steps and apply the color. The solution is in liquid form to make the application process easier. To achieve your desired color, you may have to wait any time between 20 and 40 minutes.
Once you have achieved the color, you need to wash off the dye to reveal gorgeous and healthy hair.
- The Japanese hair dye Palty is also a hair treatment formula that makes your hair lustrous and moisturized.
- Palty hair dye contains seaweed extract, which is extremely good for the hair. It prevents breakage and locks in moisture.
- You should avoid using this hair dye if your hair has been permed or straightened.
- This hair dye is extremely harsh on the skin and should be avoided by people who are prone to allergic reactions.
- You should not use this hair dye to color your eyebrows.
#4 — Japanese Grigio Hair Manicure Dye – Fresh, Light Hair Dye
This is an enriching hair dye from Japan that contains natural ingredients. It acts as a great moisturizer for the hair and helps treat hair that is dry or damaged due to excessive use of heat.
The hair dye contains amino acids that prevent the hair from drying up after the coloring process. It prevents the luster of the hair and leaves it looking silky and shiny. Unlike many other dyes in the market, this hair dye prevents scalp irritation.
To apply the dye, you need to wash and dry your hair completely. While applying, make sure that you avoid the hairline and the skin around the eyes.
If you use a hairdryer after applying the color, you can wash it off in 15 minutes. However, if you decide not to dry your hair using heat treatment, you should wait for about 45 minutes before washing it off.
- Since it has natural ingredients, it keeps your hair healthy. By using this hair dye, you can prevent chemical damage.
- It locks in moisture and helps your hair retain its natural luster.
- You need to thoroughly rinse your hair and remove every last bit of product to avoid skin irritation.
#5 — Rishiri Kombu Hair Color Treatment – Best Japanese Hair Dye
This is a natural hair coloring product from Japan that uses natural ingredients to give you the color that you want without damaging your hair. The manufacturer uses locally available raw materials to make this hair dye.
The best thing about this hair dye is that it colors your hair a little more with each application. This is one of the best Japanese hair dyes for you if you are allergic to chemicals and the ingredients that are used in hair dyes.
The application of this hair dye is very easy. You need to wash your hair and dry it. However, do not dry it completely.
After this, you need to apply the hair color just like you would apply a conditioner after washing your hair. Leave the hair color for about ten to fifteen minutes and then rinse it off well.
This is one of the best Japanese hair dyes to keep with you if you love following Japanese hair color trends. It’s quick, easy, and does its job really well!
- The dyeing process is gradual, making the process slow. The change is not dramatic.
- It contains natural ingredients such as seaweed extracts and minerals nourish your hair and promote hair growth. It also prevents hair from breaking.
- It is important, however, to note that the hair color may not be an exact shade of the color you need. You may want to do a patch test to know which shade works the best for you.
#6 — Kao Prettia Bubble Hair Color
The Kao Prettia bubble hair color is one of the best Japanese hair dyes by Liese. It’s has a gel-type formula which makes it incredibly easy to apply. Overall, this hair color is beneficial for your scalp and hair as it also has ingredients that nourish your hair.
This Japanese hair color comes with an activator solution along with the hair dye. All you have to do is mix both the solutions together and apply it to your hair. You’ll notice that it’ll become thick and foamy very quickly, hence the name – bubble hair color. Simply leave the color for 20 minutes for the solution take effect and rise off. The package contains an instruction manual in both Japanese and English – so read it carefully before you apply.
- High in mineral content
- Contains seaweed extract
#7 — Japanese Hair Dye Bigen
Bijen Japanese hair dye is a semi-permanent hair color and comes in a wide variety of colors. You can find the usual black brown and blonde and even the funkier colors like pink and violet.
It’s a long-lasting hair color, so it will last for about 4-5 weeks before it starts fading. It’s one of the best Japanese hair dyes to cover grey hairs. And thanks to some of the natural ingredients present in the dye, this Japanese hair color nourishes your hair thoroughly and doesn’t leave it dry. Instead what you end up with is soft, smooth, and shiny hair!
To use this hair dye, first shampoo and towel-dry your hair. Apply the hair dye directly from the bottle onto your damp hair. Leave it on for about 30 minutes. For best results, you can wear a shower cap and use a hair drier for about 10 minutes. And then let it cool for 5 minutes. After this, you can rinse your hair.
- Oil-rich formula
- No ammonia
- No Peroxide
- Contains honey, beeswax, and sunflower extracts
- Safe for all types of hair
#8 — ShoHan Instant Powder Hair Color
This Japanese hair dye has a very mild formula. And ShoHan hair color promises to not only leave you with colored hair but also reduce hair loss! Also the hair dye doesn’t stain your skin or clothes! Is this the perfect hair dye or what?!
To apply it. Mix the ShoHan powder with the activator given in the pack. Then gently rub it onto your hair directly. After you rinse off the dye, you’ll be left with silky, smooth hair – thanks to the built-in conditioner! It is one of the best Japanese hair dyes to cover grey hairs. The dye is available in black and different shades of brown.
- Mild formula
- No ammonia
- No hydrogen peroxide
#9 — Dariya SALON DE PRO Hair Color
This hair dye is specially developed for full grey hair coverage. It has a gel-based formula and is easy to use. The hair color kit contains gloves, brushes, and hair dye cream.
I love this Japanese hair dye because it doesn’t dry out your hair after. In fact, you’re left with smooth hair – thanks to its anti-drying formula! The hair dye also contains ingredients that help in hair growth! This hair dye is available in black and brown.
- Contains minerals that stimulate hair growth
- You skip the hair wash after the hair dye dries
#10 — Cielo Hair Dye
Cielo Japanese hair dye is one of the best hair dyes to cover up grey hairs. It contains a lot of natural ingredients and is good for your hair and scalp and has a nourishing effect on your hair.
This hair dye kit comes with an easy-to-use applicator bottle. You simply push the button to release two agents directly on to the comb provided. After which you can apply it onto the hair directly.
- Contains Eucalyptus and grape seed oil essentials
- Evening primrose oil essentials
- Amino acids
- Nourishes your hair
#11 — Dariya Annadonna Every Hair Color
This best Japanese hair dye has a smooth, cool tint to it almost like caramel. The results achieved are very close to the image on the box. The hair dye lasts long. There are a total of 10 colors to choose from including elephant grey, rabbit beige, and car greige. It’s a lotion type hair dye which is easy to apply. It’s very gentle on your hair so you don’t have to worry about hair damage. The hair treatment is also included in the box!
- Very gentle on the hair
- Includes after shampoo treatment
- The color is very vivid
- The hair dye lasts long
- Available in 10 colors
- The hair dye has a very gentle formula so it won’t cause any hair damage
#12 — Hoyu Beauteen Makeup Color
Here’s another best Japanese hair dye for you. The color that this hair dye deposits is pretty subtle but it adds a shine to your hair. There are a total of 12 colors available including purple ash, blue violet, and mint ash. The hair dye is of the foamy lotion type and comes with the hair treatment. This japanese dye is also pretty gentle on the hair.The dye lasts longer that most hair dyes.
- Subtle colors
- Adds shine to the hair
- 12 colors available
- Foamy lotion type dye
- The hair dye is gentle and lasts longer than most hair dyes
#13 — Hoyu Beautylabo Whip Hair Color Bubble Type
This hair dye has a warm finish and the color is also pretty subtle. It doesn’t fade easily with shampoo and will last you a long time. As it fades the color gets warmer. It’s a foam type hair dye and is easy to apply. Even though the hair dye lasts long, it might be a bit harsh for some. It’s recommended you do a patch test before applying.
The hair dye is available in 16 colors including Ash Chocolat, Classic ash, and Misty Ash. Post-shampoo hair treatment is also included in the box.
- Lasts long
- Subtle color
- Foam type Japanese hair dye
- Treatment included
- The hair color lasts long, even after multiple hair washes
- The hair color reddens as it fades
- Might be a bit harsh
- The color is bit too light
These best Japanese hair dyes do not dry out your hair or make it brittle and damaged. They provide nourishment to your hair and leave them looking and feeling soft, silky, and shiny. These best Japanese hair dyes have a lot of natural ingredients that promote hair growth and discourage hair breakage.
Your hair will feel healthier and lovely after using any one of the hair dyes mentioned above. So, what are you waiting for? Give any one of these best hair dyes from Japan a try and watch the magic happen right in front of your eyes.
How Much Does It Cost To Dye Your Hair In Japan?
The cost of dyeing your hair in Japan can cost you anywhere around JPY 6,000 to JPY 20,000, depending on your hair length and the type of hair color you want. This is obviously pretty expensive which is why it’s best to stick to reliable Japanese hair dyes so you can color your hair at home. Or at least do the color touch-ups yourself once you get your hair colored at the salon.
Top Hair Dyes From Japan: FAQs
Are Japanese Hair Dyes Gentle On the Hair?
Most Japanese hair dyes are gentle on the hair. But if you want to pick up a Japanese hair dye that’s gentle on your hair, look for a hair dye that contains jojoba oil. This ingredient is known to provide hydration to hair and skin. And will balance out the chemical ingredients in the hair dye and minimize damage.
Do Japanese hair dyes last long?
A lot of the Japanese hair dyes contain ingredients that preserve color. These ingredients are silk protein or amino acids like taurine or theanine. In general, reddish or warm colors last longer than cool shades like ash brown. Cool colors tend to fade sooner. To tackle this, you can switch to using a mild shampoo and get a hair treatment meant for hair that’s color-treated with cool tones.
#1 — How long does Liese dye last?
Liese dye may last approximately for about 2 months. But this duration may reduce to two to three weeks when applied on hair that’s gone through repeated bleaching, perming, and coloring.
#2 — What is bubble hair dye?
Bubble hair dyes have a gel-like consistency once mixed with the developer. As you apply it to your hair, it turns into a thick and foamy consistency which is much easier to use as compared to the regular hair dyes. It is usually semi-permanent and will last for about 4-5 weeks before the hair dye starts to fade.
#3 — Does Liese hair dye have ammonia?
Liese hair dye does contain ammonia. While it’s one of the best Japanese hair dyes in the market, using too much hair dye with ammonia is not good for your scalp and hair.
#4 — Is Liese Bubble Hair Dye permanent?
The Liese bubble hair color is not permanent, it’ll last for about two months. The hair dye does make your hair brighter which will have a permanent effect on your hair.
- Check out these best Japanese beauty supplements for better hair, skin, and nails!
- Check out these best Japanese drugstore products you gotta get your hands on now!
- Here are the best skincare and haircare products by Shiseido you’ll want to get. Check it out!
Best Hair Dyes From Japan
Check out these best Japanese hair dyes to keep up with the hair color trends this year!
Product SKU: 0097GTF435
Product Brand: Liese
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 19.90
Price Valid Until: 2021
Product In-Stock: https://schema.org/InStock